General information about the Site

This lapidary and jewelry design community forum is dedicated to the novice, more experienced, and expert lapidaries and jewelry designers.

Forum cabochon in the Spotlight

Bob ( bobby1 ) shared this unknown druzy

Forum Jewelry Design in the Spotlight

John shared this beautiful pair of amethyst cufflinks

Forum Jewelry Design in the Spotlight

Mick shared this beautiful Malachite Wrasse carving

Intarsias / Composites / Bead Making in the Spotlight

Kent shared this really nice Imperial Jasper pendant

Lapidary Related and Forum Member Shop Links

Brian Ababurko Silversmithing Classes / Rock Rollers Club

Dons Lapidary Arts

Idaho Rock Shop

Rare Rocks and Gems

Coyote Rainbow

Lightninghorse

Rocky Treasures

Talking Rocks

Fine Gem Designs

Idaho Rockman

Fine Woodwork and Lapidary

Darkstar Jewelry

DLC Gems

Teton Art Gallery

Art Cut Gems

Woman With A Torch

Lapidary Buy and Sell (Facebook Group)

Lapidary (Facebook Group)

Lapidary Equipment Marketplace (Facebook Group)

Lapidary / Gemstone Community Forum
December 13, 2018, 03:27:13 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Login Register  

TV show re Snowmass,Colo. Mastadon find

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TV show re Snowmass,Colo. Mastadon find  (Read 262 times)
dlackmond
« on: January 25, 2012, 03:16:00 pm »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am going to the site this summer I hope.

For your information, Nova (the PBS science show) will have a program about the Snowmass dig on Feb. 1. ( at least that is the date for the colorado PBS>

Dicky

ps if anyone is interested there is a live preview in Dever
Thursday, Jan. 26 and Friday, Jan. 27, NOVA Sneak Peek: Ice Age Death Trap; 7:00 p.m. both days, at the Denver Museum of Nature and Science. “Go behind the scenes and behind the science for "Ice Age Death Trap," a new NOVA program produced by National Geographic and dedicated entirely to the discovery near Snowmass Village. Scientists Kirk Johnson and Ian Miller will host and present never-before-seen footage from the NOVA program. Share in the excitement of the discovery and the theories being explored around what happened to produce this rich and unique site. Get the inside scoop before the full program airs on Rocky Mountain PBS on February 1.” Reservations required, $8.00 members, $10 nonmembers; see http://www.dmns.org/learn/adults/after-hours for details.

Report Spam   Logged

Bentiron

« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2012, 03:33:11 pm »

I met a fellow up here in the Cave Creek area that found a mastodon tusk in one of the desert washes that had been exposed by winter rains. Hard to think of parts of the West as being home to such large critters but it wasn't always as dry and desolate as it is now. Way back when, in a galaxy far, far away when I was taking archeology in college our professor took us out to see some fossilized mastodon foot prints that were left in what had at the time been mud near a watering hole. Seems like nothing goes away here in the Arizona desert, after all it's a dry heat. 
Report Spam   Logged

hulagrub

When you cultivate man, you turn up all the clods

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2012, 02:24:25 pm »

VBery interesting show! We recorded it, so it could be watched and enjoyed again!
Report Spam   Logged

Dave, a certified Rockaholic

christopherl1234

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2012, 03:24:44 pm »

I remember when I lived in Mesa Arizona in the early 90's they dug up a whole mastodon while grading for a housing tract. If I remember right it was near the south end of Alma School Rd. Maybe Mary Ann and George remember this event.
Report Spam   Logged

instarsia
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2012, 05:18:00 pm »

That was an interesting find way up in the mountains too. I missed the show but maybe I can see it someday. Thanks for the post
Report Spam   Logged
Canadi81

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2018, 02:55:35 am »

It is so important to take care of the kids that watch shows online. You don’t know what the content is like. I always take care of the shows by kids watch. I personally liked all the series by Andy Yeatman available on Netflix. The content was superb; educating and entertaining.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum | Buy traffic for your forum/website