Lapidary / Gemstone Community Forum
March 05, 2021, 06:02:23 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register  

Fishy busines 3D practice by a beginner (pics reloaded)

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fishy busines 3D practice by a beginner (pics reloaded)  (Read 1839 times)
asianfire

View Profile
« on: May 17, 2011, 03:34:33 am »

I'm hoping that this turns into somewhat of a tutorial with step-by-step additions as you go along

Steve that's the idea for better or worse. So everyone can see; what not to do :)  toofunny11

But it will take a while as it is the end of the school-year for me, by the end of this month. So there is a lot of paperwork, corrections and evaluations. Even the "Agate Board" for the school still awaits creation. I'm thinking of possibly getting it ready for next month as the kids will still be there for another month.

In any case, I promised myself to do an hour a day.  walker

First order of business is lifting the Dolphin and some features of the fish from the background. I want the eyes and the mouth of the fish to stand out and not just be outlined so I got to remove material around it plus giving the fins some sort of movement is still something that I ponder about. I can imagine how it should look like in different scenarios, but it will be different for every fin.

The one thing that I can not yet imagine is as to how I should pose the dolphin; "Side view" or "top view".
The marked spot could be an eye or a blowhole. The top fin would need minimal adjustment, but the side-fin would be very different.

help
What do you all think is better: the Dolphin turning in front of the seaweed or swimming across? help
Report Spam   Logged

I shut my eyes in order to see ~ Gauguin

When you realize there is nothing lacking - the whole world belongs to you ~ Lao Tzu
--------------------------------------------------
Personal website introduction.      brilliantchallenge.webs.com/

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum