Helios Red Helios Green Helios Blue Helios Purple
Lapidary / Gemstone Community Forum
September 18, 2018, 10:09:39 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Classifieds Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Facebook Website Interactivity/Integration :)

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Facebook Website Interactivity/Integration :)  (Read 305 times)
Caili
« on: June 23, 2010, 02:03:59 pm »

Hey all. I've been working on a new project! :) I recently signed up as an application developer on Facebook so that I could add Facebook interactivity on the blog section of my website (The Buzz). It's completed, for now, with the addition of Like buttons under every post, as well as Facebook Connect, a Facebook user activity widget and more in the right-hand sidebar of the section. Additionally I have integrated my existing Facebook jewelry design page with my website so that now it is possible to view wall posts from the Facebook page on the sidebar as well. I'm pretty pleased with how things have turned out. 

I've also just created two new Facebook pages to separate my work into jewelry/accessories and earth-inspired art. I was never happy with the fact that my existing Facebook page was auto-classed under "local business" when I created it more than a year ago - which prevented me from having a suitable info tab on the page and has kept me out of searches for Jewelry using FB's search feature. When I inquired about changing the classification of the existing page to correct this problem, I was given a disappointing "it's not possible, delete your page and start over" response.  dunno You'd think this would have been an obvious feature for page owners, right?! Oh well. The drawback in starting the new pages means that I'm going to have to give up all of the page rank that I've earned under the existing page, as well as try to get everyone following the old page to move over the the new pages once they're up. But, it should hopefully pay off in the long run. *crosses fingers*

Anyway, Let me know what you think of the new interactivity on the website. Here's the link directly to the blog area of The Buzz, where you can see it in action:  http://thebuzz.acailawendesigns.com/blog/
Report Spam   Logged

Social Buttons

Deb

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2010, 03:40:32 pm »

Hey Caili,

Love the blog, website and the smoothness of it all.
Also, your work is fab.

I'm currently working on a facebook/blogspot for our business and don't
even know where to begin.

Your site is very clean and classy and transitions nicely.
The only thing that was a little different was when I opened your
portfolio, it opened a new window.  But, the work is amazing.

You've done a great job and it makes you look very professional.

Deb
Report Spam   Logged
Caili
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2010, 06:54:49 pm »

Hey Deb,

Thanks for the really nice feedback on my website! I appreciate it. :)

Yes, the portfolio opens in a new window. The software currently used to run my galleries is Flash based and does not allow the full site menu to be added to the gallery's top navigation. The only way around it would be to display it in an iFrame, but I would prefer to avoid the use of frames as they can really slow down page load times. I'm considering redesigning the gallery section to utilize AJAX, versus Flash, since it can perform many of the same functions as my Flash gallery, while using fewer resources. Ultimately though, it's at the bottom of my to-do list at the moment. I'm busy working on a green studio resource website at the moment, as well as my normal jewelry design work, so I'm a bit buried right now.

Facebook can be incredibly useful - if you use it well. Social networking sites are a great SEO tool to help drive website traffic. They are also very valuable in building social relationships that get others to take notice of, and talk about, our work. I added the Facebook integration to my site to strengthen that relationship even further. I also have a share button that makes it possible to share my blog posts on a large number of other sites. The easier I make it for my site's visitors to share my work with others, the more secondary traffic may filter through to my site as a result. And, it's a great way to build up brand awareness.

Yes, I admit it... I'm addicted to Facebook. ;)

I was very pleased when I recently discovered that my site is now the top ranked site for "Green Couture Jewelry" on the web - one of my goals when I launched the site more than a year ago. Social networking tools like Facebook definitely helped me to accomplish that goal. One down... a thousand more to go.
Report Spam   Logged
Taogem

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2010, 01:52:40 am »

I really, really like it !

You have inspired me to think about doing the same.

Looks very nice and I like the three column lay out too..

Say, is there a way to widen the center column ?
Report Spam   Logged
Maciel14

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2018, 03:47:04 am »

The best thing about online marketing is that one can advertise in front of selected audience as per their geographic location, age, liking, gender etc. So this way we can say that online marketing is most targeted form. I also use the facebook ads services and highly satisfied with the results.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: