Lapidary / Gemstone Community Forum
July 14, 2020, 12:26:49 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register  

Old Graves Cabmate

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Old Graves Cabmate  (Read 70 times)
Debbie K

View Profile
« on: March 06, 2016, 05:07:38 pm »

I recently acquired an old Graves Cabmate. All it has is one Crystalite 100 grit wheel and the cab making attachment. I also found a end plate that seems to fit it; at least it screws on.

I think that at one time or another these may have had an attachment for a saw; but as there is not room for it I'm assuming that the wheel got taken off. I can't find a picture of one and I'm sorting thru miscellaneous plates and junk trying to figure out if it's here with the other stuff.

This is the model that has a drip and light like their faceting machine. I haven't torn it apart yet and am not sure if I need to replace the bearing, but I know the belt is shot. I've only managed to scrape off about 25 years of rat poo and fur, oil and dust and can't face anymore right now. I believe that now I may be totally immune to Hanta virus after all the crap I've sorted thru in the last few days; lots of lapidary stuff that has been poorly stored for many, many years.

If anyone is familiar with this machine I would greatly appreciate any insight. The cab making doo-dad looks really good and it appears that it would make short work out of anything you have a cam for.

Thanks in advance!

Debbie K
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum