General information about the Site

This lapidary and jewelry design community forum is dedicated to the novice, more experienced, and expert lapidaries and jewelry designers.

Forum cabochon in the Spotlight

Bob shared this beautiful Monarch Jasper Cab

Forum Jewelry Design in the Spotlight

Peaches shared this wonderful tutorial and finished Ocean Jasper Inlay Cuff

Intarsias and Composites in the Spotlight

David shared this beautiful Ocean Jasper Intarsia and tutorial

Lapidary Related and Forum Member Shop Links

Dons Lapidary Arts

Idaho Rock Shop

Rare Rocks and Gems

Coyote Rainbow

Lightninghorse

Rocky Treasures

Talking Rocks

Hummingbird Stone

Fine Gem Designs

Idaho Rockman

Fine Woodwork and Lapidary

Darkstar Jewelry

Art In Stone

DLC Gems

Teton Art Gallery

Art Cut Gems

Woman With A Torch

Lapidary Buy and Sell (Facebook Group)

Lapidary (Facebook Group)

Lapidary Equipment Marketplace (Facebook Group)

Lapidary / Gemstone Community Forum
October 15, 2018, 09:17:44 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 09/21/2018  Forum Is Back Up And Running.. Welcome Back and Happy Cabbing!

Home Help Search Login Register  

Christmas presents!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Christmas presents!  (Read 260 times)
Snakeadelic

« on: December 25, 2015, 08:43:38 am »

What'd you guys get??  :D  I had a very Godzilla Christmas this year, one of my favorite kinds.  I got bunches of little imported toys, including a Mothra (super-hard to get as they sell out almost instantly whenever any are available anywhere), a Millennium Godzilla action figure, a Final Wars (movie) set of Godzilla and a flying vehicle called the Gotengo, and some WAY beyond just awesome wall decals. 

My face just about fell right off my head when I opened the box from my dad and found a beautiful Fuji digital camera!  I loves me my li'l Canon PowerShot A720 IS, but it is my second of the exact same model and cannot live forever...my first was a factory refurbish and I put 120,000 images through it before hitting a crucial malfunction.  As easy as the Canon has been for me to use, the Fuji looks like it might be even simpler!

The family of the fella I take care of in the non-horrible downstairs unit decided to shower me with fantastic choices, like a nice warm 3/4 sleeve shirt made out of lightweight long underwear weave material.  In exactly the right shade of blue to go along with the blue cowboy boots I finally found earlier this year after over 20 years looking for the RIGHT shade of blue!  They also sent me a lovely coloring book full of abstract/botanical designs.  To my total astonishment, at least some of the set of Pentel fine-tipped coloring markers currently in my custody that I remember my mom using on mandala designs in the late 1970s still have usable ink in them!

And over dinner we'll do our traditional watching of seasonal favorites...stop-motion Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer, animated Frosty the Snowman, the ORIGINAL Grinch, and Gremlins for a full-length feature since we watched Die Hard yesterday.  I totally love that meme my neighbor found about how "It's just not Christmas until I've seen Hans Gruber fall off Nakatomi Tower".  AND I get to add a new title to the annual film festival:  the Muppet Christmas Carol  yes (Kermit flail) YAAAAAAAAAAYYYYY!
Report Spam   Logged

Social Buttons

ileney

« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2015, 10:17:38 am »

Received a vintage ( @1960?) green Lortone 10" slab saw with what appears to be its original blade that still has 50% life! So excited to have a slab saw! Watched holiday cooking shows with crazy Christmas cake makers.lambchops with the family for dinner. Yum!
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum | Buy traffic for your forum/website