Lapidary / Gemstone Community Forum
July 06, 2020, 02:23:08 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register  

Crickin' for Jasper in PA

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Crickin' for Jasper in PA  (Read 163 times)
Talusman

View Profile
« on: October 24, 2015, 05:59:47 pm »

I had the chance to head back to Lehigh County, PA yesterday to see some old friends - on the way I had the wife drop me off in one of my favorite collecting spots for a few hours. It's a small creek that holds a great variety of jasper nodules - including some of my faves - breccia.

It was a beautiful fall day - the first hard freeze a few days prior had knocked all the weeds down, and there were no bugs to be seen. Sun was out with temps in the 50's - and I chose some water shoes (crocs) and shorts so I could wade right in without worrying about water topping my boots. The water was bracing, but after a bit it was refreshing to feel to cold water in my toes - nothing to do but explore the creek looking or treasures - not even a car to worry about, just me and the creek.

A couple of fantastic hours later, my pack was full (plus a few larger nodules I'd stashed by the road to retrieve with the car) so I called in my ride and joined my wife and son for a fun evening with our old neighors and their kids.

Pics below - rough haul, some cobbled pieces showing promising insides, and some of the smaller nodules I faced up today.

Looking forward to tomorrow - flying down to GA to hunt for some Summerville Lace agate (thanks for the tips Lookout Mountain Man!)

-Jeremy

* Nodules.JPG (350.63 KB, 1021x765 - viewed 5 times.)

* Cobble 1.JPG (215.83 KB, 765x1021 - viewed 6 times.)

* cobble 2.JPG (196.24 KB, 765x1021 - viewed 4 times.)

* IMG_4572.JPG (167.3 KB, 765x1021 - viewed 7 times.)

* IMG_4563.JPG (150.24 KB, 862x579 - viewed 11 times.)

* image.jpg (277.1 KB, 1189x810 - viewed 9 times.)
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum