Lapidary / Gemstone Community Forum
May 21, 2022, 06:03:47 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register  

Buying a CABBING Machine

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Buying a CABBING Machine  (Read 1432 times)
light house jack

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2015, 10:46:18 am »

I would like to add a comment about buying a used Genie on  EBAY.  I have had several students buy used Genie machines and they have typically paid from $800-$900. range plus shipping. If a machine has been sitting and not used for several years, the  first thing to blow is the capacitor. If the pump has not been oiled and used, you are looking at another hundred bucks although I would replace it with an aquarium pump.  Add a couple of three wheels and you are right back up to where you could have purchased a new machine. I advise students to network in clubs and if they can drive and SEE a Genie and test it before buying then it is a good option.  I have found two of my students barely used Genies from folks nearby who contacted me for help in selling a machine. I had a student e-mail me last night who told me that she had just purchased a new Genie, unused in the box for  $1200.00 which is a very good deal especially since the price included freight.  This is an extremely rare  find. and not typical of what I would expect to find on EBAY.   If anyone is interested in a new Genie send me a private message.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum