General information about the Site

This lapidary and jewelry design community forum is dedicated to the novice, more experienced, and expert lapidaries and jewelry designers.

Forum cabochon in the Spotlight

Bob ( bobby1 ) shared this unknown druzy

Forum Jewelry Design in the Spotlight

John shared this beautiful pair of amethyst cufflinks

Forum Jewelry Design in the Spotlight

Mick B shared this stunning opal shell carving

Intarsias / Composites / Bead Making in the Spotlight

Kent shared this really nice Imperial Jasper pendant

Lapidary Related and Forum Member Shop Links

Brian Ababurko Silversmithing Classes / Rock Rollers Club

Dons Lapidary Arts

Idaho Rock Shop

Rare Rocks and Gems

Coyote Rainbow

Lightninghorse

Rocky Treasures

Talking Rocks

Fine Gem Designs

Idaho Rockman

Fine Woodwork and Lapidary

Darkstar Jewelry

DLC Gems

Teton Art Gallery

Art Cut Gems

Woman With A Torch

Lapidary Buy and Sell (Facebook Group)

Lapidary (Facebook Group)

Lapidary Equipment Marketplace (Facebook Group)

Lapidary / Gemstone Community Forum
June 17, 2019, 12:44:28 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Login Register  

Genie Cab Machine for sale

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Genie Cab Machine for sale  (Read 716 times)
Mark

« on: January 29, 2015, 01:07:32 pm »

I need to sell my Diamond Pacific Genie cab machine.  It is maybe 8 years old, funny that i have no clue how long i have had it, but i have been a member here since 2009 and i know i was cabbing a few years before i joined here.  It is in great running shape and really hasn't had a lot of use.  I probably average 20 to 50 cabs a year which is really light use for a Genie and this machine should easily last another 10 years or more.  Last year i probably only did 10 cabs.  I have always pretty much just been a weekend cabber and usually only cabbed one morning a weekend for just long enough to make one to maybe 3 cabs.  The only noticeable wear is some flaky paint at the bottom of the base where the unit attaches to the base board.  I also am including the Genie Trim Saw attachment.  At one point about half way thru my ownership, i did change the gaskets for the water pump, which is about all the maintenance this machine needs, besides replacing wheels.  The wheels are maybe half way thru their life and i prefer them at this stage over brand new condition.  Now the price.  I am selling this two ways, take your pick.  I will sell it for $750 or $1000.  Now why would anyone pay an extra $250 for it, you'd have to be crazy, right?  Well, here's the deal.  I have been waiting 4 weeks now for my Secret clearance paperwork to go thru at my new job and i can't start work until it goes thru.  I was expecting to start work Jan 5th and here its the end of the month and i haven't had a paycheck in quite a while. This is the second job that i have had since the fall, the first project was cancelled on a Friday before the Monday that i was to start work, so i have been unemployed way too long.  So we are really getting desperate and our phone and internet are about to be turned off, possibly by tomorrow if i don't come up with some money.  So i am at the end of my options and this is the last thing that i can come up with to get some money.  So you can buy the Genie for $750, or you can pay $1000 and i will refund $500 after i have received my second paycheck from my new job and your total price will only be $500 for a Genie in great shape with the Trim Saw attachment.  A new Genie runs $1900 to $2300 and the Trim Saw attachment i believe is another $350.  So this is a pretty decent deal.  You can contact me here or you can call me at 413-822-3684 or email me at mark.doubiago@gmail.com.  I prefer a bank wire so that i can get the money in time to keep my phone and internet from being shut down and i need them so that my company can contact me to tell me when my clearance has been ok'd and i can start work.  I can also accept paypal though that takes 5 days to get into my account and i will have trouble with that if i don't have any internet.  I am expecting to hear about my clearance any day now and if you want the saw for $500, i will refund $500 of the $1000 price, when i get my second paycheck which i hope to be in about 2 to 3 weeks from now.

Mark
Report Spam   Logged

Mark

« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2015, 09:07:37 am »

Here are some pics as requested.  I will take a couple more and get the slab saw attachment and the spot where the paint is roughed up.

Mark

* Genie 1 - crop.jpg (117.73 KB, 800x450 - viewed 19 times.)

* Genie 2 - crop.jpg (127.55 KB, 800x450 - viewed 19 times.)
Report Spam   Logged

Michael S Hoover - Redrummd

Art In Stone

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2015, 09:44:38 am »

All,

I abuse the TWO Genies I have and at the full $1,000. Mark is asking this is a great deal.  I strongly doubt anyone would be able to wear out a Genie in a non-commercial shop!  I have been abusing my two for over 7 years so far although I would toss their air pump and use an aquarium pump the spitters.....

If you are looking to buy one and let this deal pass you will regret it.....
Report Spam   Logged

guest3478
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2015, 09:51:18 am »

if i had the funds i would be all over this deal.
Report Spam   Logged
PhilNM

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2015, 03:33:05 pm »

If it didn't cost do much to ship to Albuquerque, NM, I'd be all over it also. But I fear it would be costs prohibitive. It's only a 6 inch???
Report Spam   Logged

Mark

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2015, 03:44:01 pm »

6" wheels not like those monster 8 inchers on the Titan.  The trim saw has an 8" blade which is really overkill because it is a trim saw and really shouldn't be used as a small slab saw.  I occasionally have slabbed small stones maybe up to 2" thick if soft like tiffany, fordite, etc., but it is not recommended. 

I have no idea what shipping is as i haven't bought or shipped anything of size in awhile.  I remember getting a large 36" tv, not a flat screen, overnight once for $50, but that was awhile ago.

Mark
Report Spam   Logged

PhilNM

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2015, 01:21:13 pm »

Maybe if you want to sell it,  you should find out. Zip 87123
Report Spam   Logged

Mark

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2015, 03:47:45 pm »

Hi guys.  Phil, there are two others in front of you and if those sales falls thru, i'll check shipping for you.  I'll check it anyways because i have to do it for the first taker anyways.  Maybe i should have auctioned it off instead of selling it, oh well, a deal is a deal and i am very appreciative of whoever ends up with it.  I am sure they will get as much pleasure out of it as i did.  I hate to part with it and even my wife was not happy that i am selling it because of how much i love to cab, but i am still sitting here waiting for my job to start and am getting several of those phone calls where they call several times a day (including weekends) but never leave a message, aka, a major automotive manufacturer who i have bought and leased about 8 straight vehicles from over the last 23 years but who does not appreciate my brand loyalty when it comes down to a late car payment.  See if i buy from them again.

Mark
Report Spam   Logged

DonniesTreasures

I just love the surprises!

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2015, 10:45:02 am »

I know of a person who would be interested, should the other 3 fall through, Mark.
Report Spam   Logged

Mark

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2015, 11:12:36 am »

Thanks Donnie, i will let you know if it gets that far. 

Mark
Report Spam   Logged

DonniesTreasures

I just love the surprises!

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2015, 05:54:20 am »

Mark, did you get your Genie sold yet?
Report Spam   Logged

Mark

« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2015, 03:04:55 pm »

Is the glass half full or half empty.  I am looking at my Genie's old home as half empty and so, so, lonely.   Yes the Genie is gone and my desk is really sad and lonely.  But it is a nice space to work at now with lots of room, though i can't seem to get in the mood to do anything.

Mark

* Lonely or a clean workspace.jpg (129.83 KB, 800x450 - viewed 7 times.)
Report Spam   Logged

Mark

« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2015, 03:09:35 pm »

I really wish i didn't have to sell it, but there were bills to pay and my new job is now 5 weeks late starting.   I may even accept another job later this week as i really can't go any longer without working.  I figured as soon as i sold the Genie, i would get the call for the new job to start.  When i sold my slab saw in 2013, I got a call about 4 days later to come in the next monday to start work.  So i figure that will happen again and make me regret not waiting, though i didn't really have the option to wait.  Some day i will have to go out and get another Genie and slab saw, and if i ever start the new job, it will be sooner rather than later.  The Genie went to a good home and will make its owner very happy for a long time to come.

Mark
Report Spam   Logged

Back

« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2015, 03:27:52 pm »

Hi All

Yep I would like to say that it is going to a new home. My house yippie I am using a all in 1 flat lap that I pulled out of a junk pile 35 years ago. My oldest girl is 8yrs old and wants to learn to cab. She will learn on this machine. My best friend also wants lessons.So yes I think it is going to a good home
Bless
Shawn
Report Spam   Logged
Mark

« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2015, 04:57:37 pm »

I am happy that Shawn will be getting the Genie and i am sure he will really get a lot of use out of it.  Funny thing, i grew up really close to Shawn in southern Indiana.  When he first contacted me, and i recognized the area code, all i could think of was it was my younger brother that only contacts me and our older brother, about once every five years.  Then i hear this really familiar midwest accent that i have missed the last 20 something years and its Shawn.  It was a pleasure dealing with Shawn and i hope that the weather will not keep the machine from getting to him any longer.  The Genie will be and is already really missed, but i had to do it.  Someday i will get another one once things are back to stable.  Enjoy it Shawn and your daughter, and i hope you will get to spend many happy hours together cabbing. 

Thanks to all the others that expressed interest and i wish i had more to sell and at least one to keep.  Shawn was the first one to contact me so he got the machine.

Thanks also to the members who spoke up on what a good deal it was.  Maybe someday i will get a deal on another one.

I guess that i will concentrate on making some jewelry for awhile with the tools i have and the small piece of silver sheet that i have left.  Once i start working i will pick up some more silver and hopefully i will use this time to practice practice practice.

Mark
Report Spam   Logged

Mark

« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2015, 06:34:15 pm »

Sure enough, i open my mouth and i get a job, well, another job.  So i had an interview and the manager offered me the job over the phone.  Kool job, only 1 week for paperwork versus 6 weeks so far for the other job.  A lot closer to home and working in Research, which is a new one for me.  I won't work on a specific product, but will work on new technologies that can be used across the companies broad product lines.  I am very excited, but also in shock, as i never expected something so quick.  I used to get offers over the phone years back, but now its changed and sometimes there are more interviews and meetings for contract work, than there are for permanent positions.  Most jobs now take months before you get an offer and some drag out for several months before they decide to make an offer.  Wow, maybe i will scrape some quarters together and go play Powerball now for 1/2 Billion Dollars. 

Maybe i can get the UPS truck to turnaround with my, i mean Shawn's Genie.  No, just kidding.  I really need to study and learn new stuff and won't have time to cab for awhile.

Mark
Report Spam   Logged

mearic71

« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2015, 07:39:30 pm »

Good luck Mark.
Report Spam   Logged
kennyg

« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2015, 08:01:10 pm »

Ya know what they say about a bird in the bush...Good luck
Report Spam   Logged
Mark

« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2015, 05:01:19 am »

Yes I have been feeling like my first job was a bird in the bush, so i went out and got a bird in the hand.  Well, i really have two in the bush at this point, but the new job has no government involvement and just needs a signature from the HR Department of the company to finalize it.  Instead of 30 something documents to read, fill out, and sign, this one only has 7 and will be working its way thru the company today and hopefully i start on the 23rd.
Report Spam   Logged

tntmom

« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2015, 04:15:12 pm »

WOW!!!!!  I would have bought this in a second if I would have seen it in time Mark!!!!!!

Congrats on the job!!!  hugs32 hugs32 hugs32 woohoo2
Report Spam   Logged

~Krystee

Self Employed at Kristinegniotdesigns on Etsy https://www.etsy.com/shop/KristineGniotDesigns?ref=hdr_shop_menu
Facebook business page:  https://www.facebook.com/kristinegniotdesigns?ref=bookmarks
Proud member of East Kingco Rock Club:  http://www.eastkingco.org/index.php

Yesterday is history.  Tomorrow is a mystery.  Today is a gift, that's why it's called The Present.

Mark

« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2015, 07:36:21 pm »

Yes it was a great deal, but it really helped us out.  Now if we can just make it a couple of more weeks. 

I downloaded the 2014 Diamond Pacific catalog and looked at the new Genie's and the new 8 wheel cabbing machine they make.  Lots of money to buy new machines.  I really liked all the accessories that i forgot they made like all kinds of carving wheels.  I looked at the slab machines and whoa!!!!! 18" to 24" for $8000 and up.  Dang!  I think my 14" Covington was a couple of K.  Really hard to rationalize these new prices unless you have a business, or you just won the lottery.  At least i have enough equipment to make jewelry and plenty of cabs.

Mark
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum | Buy traffic for your forum/website