Lapidary / Gemstone Community Forum
August 08, 2020, 09:13:24 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register  

Snakeadelic's Swap-O-Rama (I hope!)

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Snakeadelic's Swap-O-Rama (I hope!)  (Read 188 times)
Snakeadelic

View Profile
« on: September 16, 2014, 04:07:24 pm »

I'll knock the boring stuff out first:

I do  not want money.  I'm not running a business.  I'm on SSI disability, so cash would actually do me more harm than good.

As I am unfamiliar to the board as a collector and trader, I fully expect that in the first several (dozen) trades I hope to make, I will be sending first.  This is in no way a problem for me.  Online trading of items with small value is not unfamiliar to me, and if anyone cares I do still have a document file available by email listing 81 trader references at a rating of 5 out of 5 from my days shipping Magic: the Gathering cards as far away as Iceland.

I will always do my absolute best to know exactly what stone I'm offering and any history or interesting trivia that goes with it.  This also means that anything I offer up with photos (and I plan for them ALL to have photos) will be the actual rock, not "representative of the type".

What I want instead of money is stones that I can use in the making of miniature twisted-wire trees.  What I want the most is itty bitty raw or tumbled chips of colorful exotics.  I will also trade considerably more material for tiny shaped stones (5 mm and smaller), with a special interest in anything carved into floral or leaf designs.

I will trade finished trees, which are set in plaster in small glass or ceramic containers that I mostly buy at thrift stores, for any stone I find interesting.  I will also be happy to discuss building custom trees in trade for stone I can use.  Shipping internationally is difficult but by no means impossible for any trade to which I agree.

I will also take requests for stones known to occur in the few places I can rock-pick.  The river nearest to me is loaded with members of the muscovite family, quartz, cobbles just packed with feldspar xenocrysts, granites, and a lovely soft dusty-pinkish quartzite.

Pictured below is what I mean by "xenocrysts", though this stone is not up for trade as it was found in an architectural rock bed and so I have no idea where it came from.  It looks like landscape jasper with pinkish crystals all through it, many showing visible 90-degree corners.

Right now I must go get ready for a special occasion, so I'll post my first up-for-trade stones tomorrow if I can.  First up will be what appear to be largely quartz-based river cobbles in landscape jasper colors, because I've got a fair-sized box of them I'd like off my balcony before we have to find out the hard way how strong the wood beams are! :)

* xenocrysts_1.jpg (75.6 KB, 612x816 - viewed 2 times.)
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum