Lapidary / Gemstone Community Forum
August 03, 2020, 06:20:07 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register  

Ganoksin Online Handbook for Amateur Gem Buyers - Very interesting!!!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ganoksin Online Handbook for Amateur Gem Buyers - Very interesting!!!  (Read 580 times)
gemfeller

View Profile WWW
« on: August 18, 2014, 11:25:29 pm »

The Ganoksin website says "1999" - I guess I'm showing my age, but somehow that doesn't seem so long ago.  bricks

[/quote]

It doesn't seem that long ago to me either.  But 15 years is an eternity when it comes to gem treatments.  The "bad guys" always manage to be a few (or more) years ahead of the "good guys."  I'm certain there are treatments out there that haven't yet been detected.  Part of the problem is research money goes to high-end gems like diamonds, emeralds, rubies, sapphires etc. because that's where the big money is.  The "fairly" recent (showing my age too) foofaraw over "red andesine" is proof of that.  It took years for the gem labs to generate enough interest to prove that nearly all of the red "African" and "Tibetan" feldspars being hawked on the TV gem shows were phonies cooked up in Chinese ovens.  Andesine is a low-end gem in terms of price, and even though thousands of consumers were being defrauded, they didn't have the clout to interest the elitist gem labs.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum