Lapidary / Gemstone Community Forum
May 31, 2020, 04:39:37 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register  

Lining Inside of Slab Saw

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lining Inside of Slab Saw  (Read 566 times)
denny
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2013, 03:11:30 pm »

IMHO, you are overcleaning. Wayyyyy overcleaning. Scrape out the clay, top off the oil, and start cutting again. There is NO good reason for making a saw spotless clean. Clean oil  yes, clean saw, waste of time!

How about some quarry tiles laid in the bottom, you then pick up each tile, scrape it into a bucket, put it back and get back to cutting?

It's hard to teach an old dog new tricks.  Just like I still change the oil in my vehicles every 3,000 miles.  If the process ain't broke, don't fix it kind of thing.  As far as time is concerned, that's all I have.  Trust me when I tell you that this is by FAR the dirtiest the saw has been after draining since I first got it.  You can never over clean something.  It might not need that much but I'll stay with my system.  I just put on my shoulder length vet gloves, whip the spatula around, use a roll of paper towels and put in fresh oil.  Works for me.  Now if this plastic bag on the bottom will contain the clay, I'll be satisfied.

I like your idea of quarry tiles.  If the plastic bag doesn't work, I'll try that.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum