Lapidary / Gemstone Community Forum
July 13, 2020, 10:29:03 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register  

Down the rabbit hole

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Down the rabbit hole  (Read 487 times)
Debbie K

View Profile
« on: August 16, 2013, 06:30:28 pm »

I'll post some pictures when the project gets further along; right now it doesn't look too good.

Helene, I think you're correct about it stifling creativity. Unfortunately for me, I used to be a little bit of a geometry geek and have a mechanical drawing background; things that feed that relentless pursuit for perfection. Which is exactly why I never wanted to start faceting; I'm too driven to try to make something geometric "perfect".

I'm just messing around with it, and hope I don't get too bogged down. I think I'm better off carving.

I was looking at a listing on Craigslist today; a woman was selling all her lapidary equipment and stained glass and glass fusing equipment. She had an amazing assortment of equipment, tools and supplies, and now she's not interested in doing either type of work anymore. I hope I don't get like that and just lose interest in a whole discipline. I like to put them all together; carving, painting, metalwork and enamel. I have never parted with an art tool; I always know that someday I'll use it again (and it's astounding how often I do).

Debbie K
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum