Helios Red Helios Green Helios Blue Helios Purple

Lapidary / Gemstone Community Forum
November 24, 2017, 03:14:59 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This Forum has moved to a new host.  Please go to http://lapidaryforum.net/group/index.php and sign up so you can participate.  You will no longer be able to post here.  It is now a read-only archive.

Home Help Search Classifieds Gallery Links Classified / Auctions Staff List Login Register  

I got tired of hunting for my Dremel attachments

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I got tired of hunting for my Dremel attachments  (Read 662 times)
spirit bear beads
« on: December 31, 2011, 12:07:09 pm »

I saw a photo a while back in Lapidary Journal, of a block drilled for just the 3M bristle wheels.  But I am tired of always scrounging around for tips, collets, and wheels.  Now they are right at hand and easy to pick up and PUT AWAY!

It's just a scrap of counter top, marked and drilled, took me about 15 minutes to make,  I am sure it will save me hours of time.

* Dremel tips 003.JPG (253.96 KB, 803x902 - viewed 25 times.)

* Dremel tips 002.JPG (288.7 KB, 960x1280 - viewed 16 times.)
Report Spam   Logged

Social Buttons

Enchantra
Administrator

Insane Bead Woman

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2011, 12:59:17 pm »

Awesome Mia!
I should probably do something like this.
All my dremel bits are in the top removable section of a fish tackle box with the dremel stored underneath.  I go to look for a bit and it takes me forever...
Report Spam   Logged

ScarlettoSara

Somewhere over the rainbow... way up high

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2011, 02:29:12 pm »

So organized and actually looks like a piece of artwork:)
Will they always go back on the board once you are finished with them, she asked just to mess with Miaita some:)
Report Spam   Logged

"I tramp a perpetual journey.
― Walt Whitman, Song of Myself
hulagrub

When you cultivate man, you turn up all the clods

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2011, 02:59:44 pm »

Mia, great idea!!!!!!
Report Spam   Logged

Dave, a certified Rockaholic

spirit bear beads
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2011, 03:27:41 pm »

So organized and actually looks like a piece of artwork:)
Will they always go back on the board once you are finished with them, she asked just to mess with Miaita some:)
Sarita... you are a troublemaker are'nt you?   hairy1

OF COURSE they will.....   saved2
Report Spam   Logged
Deb

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2011, 03:41:39 pm »

Really great idea!!! Thanks for sharing...

Deb  yes
Report Spam   Logged
Bentiron

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2012, 06:00:15 pm »

To organize my burs for my flex shaft I bought a knife block at goodwill for $2 and then marked out on the sloped backside a series of points to drill out to hold the burs for easy access. Then I arranged then them by type and diameter. The big block I got holds 75 burs in five rows of 25 each. Sure is a lot better than the way I used to keep them, strewn all over the top of my work area. I also got another knife block and fitter it out to hold my jewelers files. It keeps them from knocking against each other and sure keeps them out of the way on the work area and handy at my right hand. I got an older really beat up one at a yard sale for my large flat files and opened up the knife slot to hold the flies easier. This was more work than making a new one for those big old files I think, still if is handy having them up right on the bench rather then in a draw hidden away. If tools are handy I tend to use them more than if they are put away out of sight rather than make do with what is right in front of me. I like you idea of having it hang right there in front of you.
Report Spam   Logged

Taogem
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2012, 07:11:08 pm »

My problem is not having enough of the little shafts/rods that the bristles are screwed to. So I have to constanly unscrew the one I have in order to use each of the grits.

Like your set up !  yes
Report Spam   Logged
spirit bear beads
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2012, 12:58:46 am »

My problem is not having enough of the little shafts/rods that the bristles are screwed to. So I have to constanly unscrew the one I have in order to use each of the grits.

Like your set up !  yes

George, I had the same problem, only I wound up just not using all my wheels...  So I searched around on ebay and found some nice German ones so I will have plenty....  Oh they are called 'mandrels'  The seller is jetstools, you can get a set of  12  the same for $7.50, or an assortment for $11.50, with free shipping.
Report Spam   Logged
Rocksnot
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2012, 09:45:11 am »

WOW a lot of great ideas here!  Thanks for sharing ;)
Report Spam   Logged
skystone
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2012, 11:20:28 am »

Mia yes I just bought a bunch of the screw mandrels from Jet a week or so ago. Really nice ones the screws have nice large heads. Easy to use & hold the wheels much better than some with the tiny heads. Last year for Christmas my wife got me a block made just for the burrs & mandrels. I had to redrill the holes for the 3/16" shafts cause it was for the 1/8" but that only took a few min. Sure helps keep them up & off the work top (when I remember to put them back LOL) I have a tendency of laying them down on the top & not puting them back as I use them or switch back & forth when carving.
Mike
Report Spam   Logged
Taogem
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2012, 02:49:01 pm »

Thanks Mia :)
Report Spam   Logged
NM Stone

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2012, 10:32:41 pm »

What a great idea, I hope you don't mind but I just might copy it a little. Some of my small dremel bits are $30 bucks each. I am always misplacing them.

Jason
Report Spam   Logged

Enjoying the mild winter here in the Southwest.

http://www.nmstonesupply.com
spirit bear beads
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2012, 11:09:15 pm »

What a great idea, I hope you don't mind but I just might copy it a little. Some of my small dremel bits are $30 bucks each. I am always misplacing them.

Jason
Please do!  Copy that is... we love to share ideas.   Ummmm $30????   omg
Report Spam   Logged
NM Stone

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2012, 10:47:33 pm »

$30.00 for a 1 1/2"  diamond coated cutting wheel. Cuts great but costs a lot.
Report Spam   Logged

Enjoying the mild winter here in the Southwest.

http://www.nmstonesupply.com

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: