Helios Red Helios Green Helios Blue Helios Purple

Lapidary / Gemstone Community Forum
November 24, 2017, 10:51:56 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This Forum has moved to a new host.  Please go to http://lapidaryforum.net/group/index.php and sign up so you can participate.  You will no longer be able to post here.  It is now a read-only archive.

Home Help Search Classifieds Gallery Links Classified / Auctions Staff List Login Register  

Organizing, organizing, organizing!!

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Organizing, organizing, organizing!!  (Read 826 times)
Bentiron

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2011, 04:09:56 pm »

I just cleaned off my bench and put all the tools in their proper place, it sure does wonders for the creative mind set. I even found some half finished projects that were giving me fits because I had just gotten stuck on how to finish them and after clearing all the mess away the solution was just sort of there. Cleaning up once every year or two is good for the brain.
Report Spam   Logged

DonniesTreasures

I just love the surprises!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2011, 04:17:36 pm »

I am proud of ya!  That happens to me, too!  Sometimes I leave everything out that I have been working on, instead of putting it away.  After a while it builds up & when I look the mess it sort of gets me down & I don't want to do anything.  When I do tackle it, clean it up & put things away I sort of feel revitalized & feel like creating things again!
Report Spam   Logged

barbbhb
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2013, 11:22:38 am »

Donnie--do you remember where you got those fabulous bins? I amd in the same need place of organization! Thanks, Barbara
Report Spam   Logged
DonniesTreasures

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2013, 02:29:19 pm »

Hey Barbara, which bins are you referring to?  Not the crates, right?  If you are talking about the ones with all the little drawers, those came from K-mart.  If you are talking about the containers with the blue lids, grocery store.  Some came from the dollar store.  Hope that helps you some.
Report Spam   Logged

lithicbeads
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2013, 03:27:01 pm »

Everyone is different when it comes to organizing . Most of my wifes files at work must be in locked file cabinets but any published paper need not be . She has published a lot over the years and they sit in a couple of piles three feet high on her desk . A few years ago her boss came in and laughed and said I bet you can't find that paper about  -----we published four years ago. She deftly slipped her hand into the pile , handed it to him and resumed working . She has a photographic memory and he knew it but wanted a laugh . She really dislikes file cabinets , open piles are much more comfortable for her. Remarkably during a 6.5 earthquake while the 14 th .floor she was on took a wild ride , knocking people down , her beloved stacks did not fall.
Report Spam   Logged

Alvin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2013, 04:04:50 pm »

I like to be organized. I want to thank the member who showed his 14 by 14 box that he built and could stack. I used his plan and made them bigger. I spent last summer making 180 boxes. Now I am slowly organizing the rocks as I put them each in their own box. organize, organize. no time to cut. too busy organizing.
Report Spam   Logged

Enchantra
Administrator

Insane Bead Woman

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2013, 04:09:30 pm »

Oh boy!
I did some reorganizing, not really cleaning when I got back from the show a couple weeks ago.  Moved things around to attempt to make more room.  Now I'm making moves to organize all my bead tubes.  yes

This isn't an easy feat.  bricks
Report Spam   Logged

Bentiron

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2013, 05:13:59 pm »

I haven't strung beads in awhile and the dust is a 1/4" thick with more than a bit of dog hair mixed in, WOW! it gets thick when you neglect to vacuum very often. I guess you know what that means don't you? Yeah, that's right, I get to avoid it for another two years hide ura
Report Spam   Logged

Deb

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2013, 06:24:49 pm »

Hey Donnie,

I'm going to keep watching, so I can learn.  I have the same problem.
What do you do with your finished inventory?  I really have no idea.

Thanks,

Deb  yes
Report Spam   Logged
3rdRockFromTheFun

Arfzzz...

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2013, 07:58:33 pm »

I've been using all tubs - shoebox to 16 quart size - and drawer-style bins from wal-mart. The tubs are good up to a point but once I get a stack of rough about 4ft high the bottom tub busts (and down comes the pile and nobody could put humpty back together for awhile...) so I've got three foot stacks ALL OVER THE PLACE! Really wish I could find something just like it but stronger and not much more expensive. The wal-mart drawer bins are just absolute crap. Firstly the castors all broke. I cut some plywood the size of the base and screwed harbor freight dollys to them. Now the actual drawers are starting to break. Not sure what to do.

Oh... forgot, I do have piles out in the yard and misc rough pretending to be landscape rock 'til it's needed in addition to the above.

Eagerly watching as well!
Report Spam   Logged

-frank-

Shop The Eager Beader

lithicbeads
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2013, 08:17:10 pm »

I took a bit over a half acre of field and put heavy duty sunbelt landscape cloth on it . It lasts at least 30 years in the sun and you can drive on it . It is permeable so no water problems. All rough , slabs ,preforms  go on the sunbelt in windrows . Easy to find what I want and easy to sort out the exact preforms I need that day . A guest wants to see your rocks and you just hose it down and it looks great . The only problem is that I did not know domestic mallards are fascinated with quartz crystals and preforms . They carry them all over and my daughter will find them and bring them to me with a stern lecture about how I should be more careful and stop making our ducks delinquents.
Report Spam   Logged

itsandbits1

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2013, 08:49:32 am »

I just have a nervous breakdown and someone else deals with it while I'm in the hospital getting shock therapy; I doneven remember what I had when I get back after two years and I get to rediscover my passion again!!!  saved14lol15
Report Spam   Logged

The wheels of life go round and round, round and round, round and round, and then they hit a rock

Bentiron

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2013, 04:22:10 pm »

Duck delinquents............My dogs are kinda that way, they like to chew on pieces of rock so I have to be careful what I leave laying around. They really like to lick some more than others, I guess that some have better taste than others. Recently at Costco I found this big box of plastic shoe boxes at a very good price, even better than Walmart so I bought them, now all I need to do is get my stones out of the buckets I have them in.
Another note on dogs and rocks, my vet was showing me some of the landscape rocks he has pulled out of dogs stomachs, some the size of a golf ball, what is wrong with these dogs? Boredom? He said one dog had over a dozen 1/2" to 3/4" sized chunks of granite in it's stomach and they were all balled up with hair. WOW! One sick puppy!
Report Spam   Logged

DonniesTreasures

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2013, 05:19:30 pm »

Deb, I am still working on the organization of the finished inventiory.  Haven't quite figured out what I want to do with it yet! dunno
Report Spam   Logged

3rdRockFromTheFun

Arfzzz...

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2013, 11:16:59 pm »

Duck delinquents............My dogs are kinda that way, they like to chew on pieces of rock so I have to be careful what I leave laying around. They really like to lick some more than others, I guess that some have better taste than others. Recently at Costco I found this big box of plastic shoe boxes at a very good price, even better than Walmart so I bought them, now all I need to do is get my stones out of the buckets I have them in.
Another note on dogs and rocks, my vet was showing me some of the landscape rocks he has pulled out of dogs stomachs, some the size of a golf ball, what is wrong with these dogs? Boredom? He said one dog had over a dozen 1/2" to 3/4" sized chunks of granite in it's stomach and they were all balled up with hair. WOW! One sick puppy!

I think it was Dogrates who said, "Arf arf arf arf arf arft?!", which translates roughly to, "Why lick what you can chew?" and "Arf arf!" -- "or swallow!" dunno
Report Spam   Logged

-frank-

Shop The Eager Beader

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: