Helios Red Helios Green Helios Blue Helios Purple

Lapidary / Gemstone Community Forum
November 24, 2017, 03:20:07 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This Forum has moved to a new host.  Please go to http://lapidaryforum.net/group/index.php and sign up so you can participate.  You will no longer be able to post here.  It is now a read-only archive.

Home Help Search Classifieds Gallery Links Classified / Auctions Staff List Login Register  

Organizing, organizing, organizing!!

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Organizing, organizing, organizing!!  (Read 826 times)
DonniesTreasures

I just love the surprises!

View Profile WWW
« on: November 12, 2011, 05:30:33 pm »

This is one of the reasons why not as many cabs & wraps, besides just being busy with life in general! 
The game plan is to be able to find something.  I am getting so much variety that I need to be able to put my hands on it when I need to & not go hunting through containers.  That just takes way to much time.  thinking13

And besides I just don't have a whole lot of room to work with!!!
Report Spam   Logged

Social Buttons

Steve

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2011, 06:17:03 pm »

WOW........a Hard Rocker's pantry................I see why you need to organize.................. bricks
Report Spam   Logged

Steve.............The Silver Fox

My Photo Bucket site:  http://s743.photobucket.com/user/sferenz/library/?sort=3&page=1

DonniesTreasures

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2011, 06:24:29 pm »

See all the empty spaces?!  There's room for more!! ura ura yippie yippie
Report Spam   Logged

christopherl1234

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2011, 06:44:49 pm »

Donnie,

Looks like you are getting things in order. I have the same problem sometimes. I waste a lot of time looking for stuff I know I have. The other day I was looking for this huge piece of Nipomo Marcasite for Gina. I found a small 1/2 nodule and a slab but I know there is a big chunk and end cut around here somewhere.......Seeing you getting your stuff squared away makes me want to get some of mine straightened out. Thanks Donnie
Report Spam   Logged

skystone
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2011, 07:47:04 pm »

Oh! Oh! No No No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Get out the Holly & garlic the organization witch is out. You need a therapist. A clean work space is the sign of a sick mind.  bricks
LOL
Mike
Report Spam   Logged
Taogem
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2011, 11:54:11 am »

Sure wish I had this problem of having so much rough/slabs that had to organize it !

Looks like you have everything nicely organized !
Report Spam   Logged
DonniesTreasures

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2011, 01:17:42 pm »

Well, I still have a huge conglomerate of a big variety of stuff I have cut in several containers.  Anybody's guess as to what it is!!!!! bricks  At some point I will try to make some sense of all of that.
Report Spam   Logged

ScarlettoSara

Somewhere over the rainbow... way up high

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2011, 01:43:58 pm »

LOLOL MIchael:)
Donnie that looks awesome. Can you find anything? LOLOLOL I spend half my days looking for stuff these days. LOL
You sure got a lotta rocks:)
Report Spam   Logged

"I tramp a perpetual journey.
― Walt Whitman, Song of Myself
MrsWTownsend
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2011, 12:15:59 pm »

You have accrued quite a collection there~ your addiction is coming along nicely. :)

I like your drawer idea for the finished cabs~ I am thinking of copying that.  What I have now is too small.
Report Spam   Logged
Bentiron

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2011, 12:26:51 pm »

Are you organizing by finished cabs by type of stone, color or shape? I just don't know  how one would organize that much rock. That is a lot of rock, I only hope that is a sturdy table it is all sitting on! bricks
Report Spam   Logged

DonniesTreasures

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2011, 12:38:36 pm »

Well, I'm not there yet on the cabs! bricks  I have started placing some together according to type, but then again I have others in little drawers according to price.  Sooooo I am kind of torn there as to what to do.  I have way too many unknowns that will have to be in their own little niche.  Maybe according to agate, jasper, etc.
Some of the drawers have slabs or rough in them because it is small amounts or small pieces.  Other of the containers have the same but larger pieces or quantity.  It is time for me to stop with the organizing though & spend some time wrapping because I have 6 cabs to wrap & send out & a set to make.  I'll work on the organizing again when I can't stand it anymore!
Report Spam   Logged

Bentiron

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2011, 12:50:27 pm »

I have a problem with organization. First off I a pack rat, I just hate to part with anything. I have tools and things left over from my father and grandfather, I just hate to part with tools. Then I have tools left over from past professions, I was a draftsman, founder, blacksmith artist(I have sold off a good many of these), jeweler. Tools are expensive and if taken care of often don't need replaced for a very long time. I also like unusual or old things so of course I have picked up a fair number of those things along the way plus I like conglomerate rocks and have a huge pile of them in the yard to the dismay of my neighbors. Then I have books, lots and lots of books. Enough to make the guy in Fahrenheit 451 very very happy. Now I'm getting that way about lapidary slabs, I don't yet have a machine to make cabs but I'm starting to collects these slabs from garages sales, estate sales and on occasion a rock shop. How do I keep all of this crap straight? dunno   
Report Spam   Logged

DonniesTreasures

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2011, 01:48:10 pm »

You sound like a very busy & very talented man!  Necessity is the mother of invention.  When it becomes necessary to make some sense of it all I guess you will invent a way to make it organized. thinking13
Report Spam   Logged

skystone
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2011, 06:49:49 pm »

Hey I'm organized (in a slopy way LOL) It's all right here slabs & cabs dancer5 Rough is in several drawers & boxes in the garage though. Oh & some ziplock bags in my work bench drawer & & well? It's right here (someplace LOL)
Mike

* PB140001.JPG (258.57 KB, 1280x960 - viewed 16 times.)

* PB140002.JPG (302 KB, 1280x960 - viewed 16 times.)

* PB140003.JPG (292.35 KB, 1280x960 - viewed 16 times.)
Report Spam   Logged
DonniesTreasures

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2011, 07:24:47 pm »

Oh my, that's pretty good!  All your cabs are together.  I promise I will take a picture when everything is a mess.  I still have water in the trays of the Genie from a couple of days ago.  Does that count?  I have bits of wire all over the bench & I do have cabs laying all over various places, with trays of unassorted, unknown slabs & preforms on the floor?! hide bricks
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: