Helios Red Helios Green Helios Blue Helios Purple

Lapidary / Gemstone Community Forum
August 19, 2017, 01:30:21 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This Forum has moved to a new host.  Please go to http://lapidaryforum.net/group/index.php and sign up so you can participate.  You will no longer be able to post here.  It is now a read-only archive.

Home Help Search Classifieds Gallery Links Classified / Auctions Staff List Login Register  

New Finished Pieces - Thru.... 11 Jan 13, Pg 16

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 18   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Finished Pieces - Thru.... 11 Jan 13, Pg 16  (Read 2781 times)
Steve

View Profile
« on: November 10, 2011, 03:13:53 pm »

Here's a few more that I've completed over the past two days..................

1st is a Pinolith prong setting - front then back...........

Next I found something to do with that extra pair of repoussed silver left over from the Geode Broach from a little while back........

1st one is the last small cab I have of Binghamite that I made into a small broach pin - 2 1/4" tall.........

2nd is the opposite side of the repoussed pieces set with a pretty kool piece of Larvikite..............

I still need to work on the polish on this one.............. bricks
Report Spam   Logged

Steve.............The Silver Fox

My Photo Bucket site:  http://s743.photobucket.com/user/sferenz/library/?sort=3&page=1

Social Buttons

asianfire

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2011, 03:20:27 pm »

As always, l'm taken in by the new design.  yes

I looks like you are getting ready for Christmas-sale?  yippie
Report Spam   Logged

I shut my eyes in order to see ~ Gauguin

When you realize there is nothing lacking - the whole world belongs to you ~ Lao Tzu
--------------------------------------------------
Personal website introduction.      brilliantchallenge.webs.com/
Taogem
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2011, 04:18:31 pm »

Very pretty !  yes
Report Spam   Logged
christopherl1234

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2011, 05:16:01 pm »

Those are some good ones! I can only hope to have some of your imagination whenever I get around to smithing.
Report Spam   Logged

skystone
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2011, 06:05:22 pm »

Silversmithing is great as usual & super designs. But I think I would have used stones of a stronger color to give them "punch" just my 2 cents.
Mike
Report Spam   Logged
asianfire

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2011, 06:14:18 pm »

I would have to agree with Mike on that one.  hide
This color blends in with the silver too well.

Report Spam   Logged

When you realize there is nothing lacking - the whole world belongs to you ~ Lao Tzu
Steve

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2011, 06:23:43 pm »

Silversmithing is great as usual & super designs. But I think I would have used stones of a stronger color to give them "punch" just my 2 cents.
Mike
I would have to agree with Mike on that one.  hide
This color blends in with the silver too well.

Actually that was my perspective when I was thinking out the pieces. I wanted the stones to become part of the design rather then the center piece of them........rather than a center stage for the stone it's a piece in it's entirety..........

Also.........I talked with George on an idea I had:  Rather than putting up a separate thread for all the pieces I display on this forum,,,,,,,what I'm going to do is continue this thread with each of the pieces that I wish to present.  Each time I post A new piece I will change the date on the thread listing to up date it.........I mean why clutter the forum with each individual piece when there can be one place to see what I am doing and posting...........does that make sense..........?
Report Spam   Logged

My Photo Bucket site:  http://s743.photobucket.com/user/sferenz/library/?sort=3&page=1

Taogem
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2011, 06:52:10 pm »

Also.........I talked with George on an idea I had:  Rather than putting up a separate thread for all the pieces I display on this forum,,,,,,,what I'm going to do is continue this thread with each of the pieces that I wish to present.  Each time I post A new piece I will change the date on the thread listing to up date it.........I mean why clutter the forum with each individual piece when there can be one place to see what I am doing and posting...........does that make sense..........?

Think what might be kind of fun, is to "pin" your personal design thread to the top of the board.

If anyone else thinks this is a way you would like to show all of your projects. In your own personal thread.. Let me know.. When you get yours started, will pin it up along with Steves and anyone elses to the top of the board.

Kind of a neat idea...

Then I also suggested to Steve.. Rather than ourtight changing the date within the title from say.... , Nov 10 2011 to a new date for a newely completed project..

Just leave your threads initial start date and simply add the date of your newest completed project to the tail end of the title...

So it could look like...

"My Projects from Nov 11/2011 through Jan 11/2012"

Make sense.. ??
Report Spam   Logged
ScarlettoSara

Somewhere over the rainbow... way up high

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2011, 07:05:56 pm »

Thank you again Steve for sharing your wonderful designs and stones:)
I like this continous thread idea a lot:)
Great idea:)
Report Spam   Logged

"I tramp a perpetual journey.
― Walt Whitman, Song of Myself
Steve

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2011, 08:04:30 pm »

Thank you George with your concurrence with my idea.  I believe this will be a good addition to this Forum, especially with the great artists we have here - wire wrapping, hand carving, bead weaving, and on and on...........this way the newbies can get a shot at one thread to see the different motifs and applications we represent as artists in our chosen fields.......

ROCK ON.........................
Report Spam   Logged

dickb

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2011, 10:39:55 pm »

I think it's a great idea and should really help showcase each designers work. Everyone else can then strive to become proficient enough to qualify and be added to the featured list. Great education tool.

IMHO

Dickb
Report Spam   Logged

Elegance in Jewelry
69 Retired and Free
GPAA, PLP - Blackhawk G&MC, CVR&MS
Eastern Iowa, Clover SC

christopherl1234

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2011, 10:56:02 pm »

Steve,

I noticed how clean the back of your prong setting is. Others I have seen have a bump in the middle where the wires cross. Yours is flush. Did you solder each side individually instead of crossing the wires?
Report Spam   Logged

tntmom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2011, 11:06:11 pm »

My goodness!  I'm new here and guess I haven't been privileged to see all of your work.... I'm speechless!
Report Spam   Logged

~Krystee

Self Employed at Kristinegniotdesigns on Etsy https://www.etsy.com/shop/KristineGniotDesigns?ref=hdr_shop_menu
Facebook business page:  https://www.facebook.com/kristinegniotdesigns?ref=bookmarks
Proud member of East Kingco Rock Club:  http://www.eastkingco.org/index.php

Yesterday is history.  Tomorrow is a mystery.  Today is a gift, that's why it's called The Present.

asianfire

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2011, 03:45:15 am »

Actually that was my perspective when I was thinking out the pieces. I wanted the stones to become part of the design rather then the center piece of them........rather than a center stage for the stone it's a piece in it's entirety......... 

You know me, I love contrasts, yet if that was the intent it works perfectly in your favor.  yes

As for pinned body of work: Great idea as long as photobucket works.  yippie
Report Spam   Logged

39don

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2011, 09:32:20 am »

Kind of a neat idea...

Then I also suggested to Steve.. Rather than ourtight changing the date within the title from say.... , Nov 10 2011 to a new date for a newely completed project..

Just leave your threads initial start date and simply add the date of your newest completed project to the tail end of the title...

So it could look like...

"My Projects from Nov 11/2011 through Jan 11/2012"

Make sense.. ?? 

Makes sense to me......Excellant ideas Steve and George. It will be much easier to look up current and past posts of each craftperson than to have to keep searching for it.

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 18   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: