Helios Red Helios Green Helios Blue Helios Purple

Lapidary / Gemstone Community Forum
May 27, 2017, 01:33:59 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This Forum has moved to a new host.  Please go to http://lapidaryforum.net/group/index.php and sign up so you can participate.  You will no longer be able to post here.  It is now a read-only archive.

Home Help Search Classifieds Gallery Links Classified / Auctions Staff List Login Register  

Forum Selling Rule / Policy

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Forum Selling Rule / Policy  (Read 2473 times)
lithicbeads
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2013, 11:45:24 am »

Maybe too liberal?
Report Spam   Logged

denny
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2013, 12:02:55 pm »

Policy or politics (jibber jabber post shamelessly used to reach 50 posts)?
Report Spam   Logged
Mark

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2013, 12:14:45 pm »

Everybody has things to offer, never feel like we are too advanced.  I learn stuff all the time and see things and stones i never knew existed and i must have done this at least 10 years now.  Even a young child can see something that maybe experienced members would overlook.  There is always a new point of view that most may never see, but that a new person sees right away.  And there are always questions to ask and things to learn.  Many people are usually thinking the same thing or wondering the same thing, and if no one ever asks, then that opportunity is lost.  So never be embarrassed to ask questions or point things out.  We are very friendly around here and the members are really nice and helpful and generous.  And if anyone gives someone a hard time, i will hunt them down like a dog and beat them with a rubber hose, and then take their rocks away from them and not give them back till their parents come to pick up their bratty child.  There.  Remember, whacko, that's me.  Someday i hope to be normal again (not really).

Mark
Report Spam   Logged

catmandewe

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2013, 06:06:06 pm »

WOOHOOOO Denny!

What ya got for sale now?

PS, your box left today................Tony
Report Spam   Logged

Get free shipping and/or discounts on products at Cabking by using the following link.
http://cabking.com/ref/IdahoRockShop/
3rdRockFromTheFun

Arfzzz...

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2013, 12:41:11 am »

Right on, I have enough posts to sell some bridges by now -- soon I'll have enough to sell my friggin' soul! dunno

Not a clue where that came from or what it means (ignore the text behind the curtain)...

Seriously I know 50 posts doth not honest make but I have, more than once in just the short time I've been around here, seen people fly in, try to sell or question the policy then make a few attempt to get enough posts -- and give up. In some cases, and call it just a "vibe" I think that frustration that made them give up was that they were actually going to have to think a little bit in order to screw some people over so they left. I like the rule - wouldn't even mind if it were 500 posts required.
Report Spam   Logged

-frank-

Shop The Eager Beader

Mark

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2013, 02:04:22 am »

Our forum was created as a place to meet others with similar interests and as a place to exchange ideas.  It was not created as a place to sell stones, jewelry, or what have you. At some point along the way, the idea was floated that maybe we should allow members to sell to each other and our Shop and Swap area was born.

Mark
Report Spam   Logged

denny
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2013, 07:44:21 am »

WOOHOOOO Denny!

What ya got for sale now?

PS, your box left today................Tony

Tony,

Great news about the box, I'm looking forward to it.

What could I sell or trade to you that you don't already have?  Besides, much of what I have I bought from you anyway.  If there is anything I have that you would like (you've probably seen my pix on the hounding forum), let me know and I'll send you some.  I figure I've got at least 1,000 slabs by now and still have a fair amount of rough to go.

Denny
Report Spam   Logged
itsandbits1

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2013, 07:48:01 am »

Right on, I have enough posts to sell some bridges by now -- soon I'll have enough to sell my friggin' soul! dunno

Not a clue where that came from or what it means (ignore the text behind the curtain)...

Seriously I know 50 posts doth not honest make but I have, more than once in just the short time I've been around here, seen people fly in, try to sell or question the policy then make a few attempt to get enough posts -- and give up. In some cases, and call it just a "vibe" I think that frustration that made them give up was that they were actually going to have to think a little bit in order to screw some people over so they left. I like the rule - wouldn't even mind if it were 500 posts required.

awwwww Frank, why you pickin on me now (((((((
Report Spam   Logged

The wheels of life go round and round, round and round, round and round, and then they hit a rock

3rdRockFromTheFun

Arfzzz...

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2013, 08:09:38 pm »

Definitely not meaning to pick on anyone! No no, just having some fun with the general views on the policy and to me 50 posts seemed miniscule to get seller's rights - I was feeling like a king - "off with their heads! and I want 10 gold pieces for each of them!" yes
Report Spam   Logged

-frank-

Shop The Eager Beader

JUDY
« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2013, 07:30:55 am »

wow... 50 posts?  What if a person is part of another forum (RTH) in good standing? Would that count for anything :) I'm a good honest rock nut LOL
Report Spam   Logged
NuevoMundo

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2013, 07:35:35 am »

No exceptions, Judy. People have been extraordinarily generous here with advice on what is acceptable... I believe you have read this thread but feel free to review it.
Report Spam   Logged

JUDY
« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2013, 07:51:10 am »

Yes, I guess I can understand...
Report Spam   Logged
3rdRockFromTheFun

Arfzzz...

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2013, 08:02:38 am »

Ah c'mon Judy - you can come up with 37 ways to explain to the others why they should all send me their rock! Remember the little train that "could" weightlifter driving chuckle
Report Spam   Logged

-frank-

Shop The Eager Beader

deb193

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2013, 10:26:30 am »

wow... 50 posts?  What if a person is part of another forum (RTH) in good standing? Would that count for anything :) I'm a good honest rock nut LOL

some of it is about honesty, but some is about membership. the purpose of the space is not really selling, but rather offered as a way for member to member exchanges. That is exchanges between folks who first and foremost wanted ot be members here, and intend to be members here long after any item is sold..

yeah, someone could scam the 50 with a bunch of empty replies, but no system is perfect. Tao picked 50. Heck I would've said 50 threads, or 300 replies, or 8 months.

anybody can go to bob's rock board and put up a free classified even if they never hang out there. this space is different
Report Spam   Logged

- Daniel

(when everything is exceptional, nothing is)

JUDY
« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2013, 11:59:02 am »

I can understand why I suppose... dont want just anyone barging in and blasting everyone with for sale ads...

Frank - you crack me up!! roar
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: