Helios Red Helios Green Helios Blue Helios Purple

Lapidary / Gemstone Community Forum
November 24, 2017, 09:00:21 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This Forum has moved to a new host.  Please go to http://lapidaryforum.net/group/index.php and sign up so you can participate.  You will no longer be able to post here.  It is now a read-only archive.

Home Help Search Classifieds Gallery Links Classified / Auctions Staff List Login Register  

My Shop is Going UP!!! Happy Happy Dance

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My Shop is Going UP!!! Happy Happy Dance  (Read 1011 times)
RoyKims
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2011, 09:03:24 pm »

and i was happy with my 12x12'.  something to dream about..
Report Spam   Logged
Mark

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2011, 07:38:12 am »

I am so jealous, that is a beautiful area.  I work in a cave, I mean my basement, and its about as close to one you can get.  I have a 140 year old stone foundation basement that i work in.  Call it rustic, and really cold this winter.  They knew what they were doing back then, as the foundation is still perfectly straight and all the floors are level.   I have some metal shelving like yours, but my shelves are all bent in the middle from too much weight from the rocks.  You are a lucky dog having a foredom metal hanger too.  I hang my foredom with 12 gauge electrical wire attached to the ceiling.  Yesterday i threw out 4 large leaf bags of peanuts, flattened boxes, and grocery bags, to make room for my bench grinder.  I have an antique dining room bureau that i covered in cardboard and I placed 2 x 4s on it to lift the bench grinder away from scratching the wood.  Its so nice to see a new workspace, i bet it smells good too, like that new car smell.  I am still happy to have my space, soon to be inhabited by 10,000 spiders.  This year its war, me against the spiders.  Before i started making jewelry, i was just down there for a few hours on Saturday and Sunday.  Now i am down there everyday and when it warms up, the spiders will come out.  I am going to drywall as much of my walls and ceiling as possible and maybe fumigate, i just don't like the idea of spiders falling down into my hair, or better yet, into my torch flame.  Maybe after setting a few on fire, the rest will leave peacefully at a very ungraceful 8 legged dash.  This year its me or them, and i ain't moving.

Congrats again, that is a super shop.

Mark
Report Spam   Logged

spirit bear beads
« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2011, 08:50:45 am »

I am so jealous, that is a beautiful area.  I work in a cave, I mean my basement, and its about as close to one you can get.  I have a 140 year old stone foundation basement that i work in.  Call it rustic, and really cold this winter.  They knew what they were doing back then, as the foundation is still perfectly straight and all the floors are level.   I have some metal shelving like yours, but my shelves are all bent in the middle from too much weight from the rocks.  You are a lucky dog having a foredom metal hanger too.  I hang my foredom with 12 gauge electrical wire attached to the ceiling.  Yesterday i threw out 4 large leaf bags of peanuts, flattened boxes, and grocery bags, to make room for my bench grinder.  I have an antique dining room bureau that i covered in cardboard and I placed 2 x 4s on it to lift the bench grinder away from scratching the wood.  Its so nice to see a new workspace, i bet it smells good too, like that new car smell.  I am still happy to have my space, soon to be inhabited by 10,000 spiders.  This year its war, me against the spiders.....

Mark,  you are soooo funny,  You against the spiders!!!  I hate spiders too!  I have a spider killing DOG!  Yup it's true, spiders, bees, any moving bug is his ENEMY!  LOL
 The Fordom hanger you mentioned, it is a metal plant hanger that is supposed to clamp onto the railing on your deck or porch and hold a hanging basket.  And the metal shelving is all brand new, from Sam's club, I spent the better part of my year end bonus from the hated job on that shelving, there is more over in the other side of the building with the pickup,  will hold the overflow and the extra rock Dave seems to think I will end up with!
Report Spam   Logged
hulagrub

When you cultivate man, you turn up all the clods

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2011, 01:15:39 pm »

That I know you will end up with!  saved2
Report Spam   Logged

Dave, a certified Rockaholic

spirit bear beads
« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2011, 01:39:02 pm »

You are sooooo funny!      yippie
Report Spam   Logged
Bentiron

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2011, 04:23:57 pm »

and i was happy with my 12x12'.  something to dream about............................Roy, You GOT that much space! Hot diggty dog! I got my jeweler bench and a desk and a small space in the cold garage for my polishing lathe. Spirit Bear has got the Rothschild's Palace of shops now!
Report Spam   Logged

Rockoteer

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 21, 2011, 11:00:17 pm »

The Taj Mahal.

TOG
Report Spam   Logged

-Gary

Of all the things I've lost..I miss my mind the most.

Whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're probably right.
spirit bear beads
« Reply #37 on: February 21, 2011, 11:19:10 pm »

That I know you will end up with!  saved2

If you have anything to do with it I will..... Dave is an instigator!!! 

Hey before I built this shop, I had my wheels in an 8X10 storage shed that still had lots of stuff stored in it.  My silver soldering bench and a lot of my rough was in one spare bedroom that doubled as another storage area ( we are pack rats) and my beads in yet another bedroom, that was supposed to be the guest bedroom.  No guests could get in. hide
Report Spam   Logged
RockIt2Me

"Rock It 2 Me!"

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 22, 2011, 05:59:28 am »

Wow,Mia!   yippie
Alittle late on the congrats....fabulous space.
I, too, work in my basement some and a spare bedroom.  I use the basement for the saws and the bedroom for the grinders....I need windows.

And Dave is right...I have a plethora of rock and just keep getting more.  My summer project is to build more 'sturdy' shelving for rocks.

Nancie
Report Spam   Logged

Nancie
"Rock It 2 Me"
Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.   

Don't take life so seriously...It's not like you're going to get out alive ;-)                                                        

spirit bear beads
« Reply #39 on: February 22, 2011, 10:09:44 am »

Hi Nancie,
Well you will just have to come up and visit sometime!  These shelves I got at Sam's are fantabulous!
 You know what Dave has is contagious, Rockaholism.   saved2  If you get within 10 feet of him, you CATCH IT! saved2
Report Spam   Logged
Rockoteer

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 22, 2011, 10:58:32 am »

If you get within 10 feet of him, you CATCH IT!

I personally think if you spend any time at all on this site you CATCH IT if you don't already have it.

TOG
Report Spam   Logged

-Gary

Of all the things I've lost..I miss my mind the most.

Whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're probably right.

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: