Helios Red Helios Green Helios Blue Helios Purple

Lapidary / Gemstone Community Forum
September 22, 2017, 05:47:53 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This Forum has moved to a new host.  Please go to http://lapidaryforum.net/group/index.php and sign up so you can participate.  You will no longer be able to post here.  It is now a read-only archive.

Home Help Search Classifieds Gallery Links Classified / Auctions Staff List Login Register  

Orbicular Stones

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Orbicular Stones  (Read 6791 times)
Mark

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2009, 03:27:41 am »

Bobby, love that orb'd agate.  That is a beautiful pattern and you shaped the cab really nicely around it.

Mark
Report Spam   Logged

Mark

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2009, 04:46:21 am »

A few more pics.  I'm not a big fan of Polish Flint, but when i saw the pics of this one, I just had to have it for my collection.  While trying to get a pic of the tiny orbs in a slab of Crazy Lace Agate, I noticed the tiny Alien inside, looking out.  Oooooh.   Now the Morrisonite, I didn't polish it up and excuse me if it seems a little naughty on the left side.  No, I don't have a mind in the gutter, its just obvious.  Blame the polisher, who I won't name, but is a member of this board, and .....  The 2 Willow Creek are just exceptional Orb'd Jaspers from the old school of thought on the subject.  They used to be called "Eggs".  And finally, a shot of my brain and why the Aliens were so interested in me as a child and why i am probably now so whacko.  Is that thing misshapen or what?

Mark

* Polish Flint - Orbicular.JPG (32.12 KB, 448x299 - viewed 61 times.)

* Crazy Lace with Orbs n Aliens.JPG (136.77 KB, 1024x683 - viewed 49 times.)

* Morrisonite Orbs.JPG (99 KB, 1024x683 - viewed 61 times.)

* Willow Creek Orbs 1.JPG (28.21 KB, 448x299 - viewed 47 times.)

* Willow Creek Orbs 2.JPG (24.25 KB, 448x299 - viewed 56 times.)

* Royal Imperial Jasper - My Brain.JPG (30.57 KB, 448x299 - viewed 55 times.)
Report Spam   Logged

Mark

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2009, 04:56:59 am »

Here's a really sweet slice of Morgan Hill Poppy Jasper with little to no fracturing as is common in that stone.   Another of the classic orb'd Jaspers is Blue Mountain Jasper.  This is not one of my better pieces, but still nice for display.  Is that another Alien hiding under the orb.  Those things are everywhere.  They must be spying on me, they're baaaaaaaaaaccccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkk

Mark

* Morgan Hill Poppy Jasper 1.JPG (35.54 KB, 448x299 - viewed 59 times.)

* Morgan Hill Poppy Jasper 2.JPG (38.99 KB, 448x299 - viewed 55 times.)

* Jasper - Blue Mtn - Light Blue to Gray with Orbs n some Yellow Eastern OR 2.jpg (56.56 KB, 640x480 - viewed 55 times.)
Report Spam   Logged

Taogem
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2009, 05:40:29 am »

I did not check that link for Genes Gem shop video clips before I added it to the thread earlier.. Had no idea the site no longer exists.

Bummer, those were excellent clips Shain !

I too tend to lump many of these different materials into the orb group. I understand what Shain is saying, and am on the fence with it. Could go either way, but am leaning over and teetering towards the fact that Gem jaspers are more an egg pattern. Like Shain reminds me why I am teetering is that they are more a "continuous ever reaching pattern. No concentric "layered" bubble".

I absolutely love those floating orbs in the Mexican Lace Agates !  Yes, that does look like a little alien in your slab too Mark !  You guys are every where !!  ;D

Here are another couple will add..

The Kabamba Jasper and also some "Super Orb" lace Agate... This particular Lace was sent to me from Stoneviews. Don't expect will ever see material like this ever again.. I loved it !

* a_kabamba1.jpg (222.08 KB, 584x483 - viewed 51 times.)

* a_lace_agate.jpg (209.63 KB, 574x433 - viewed 75 times.)
Report Spam   Logged
Mark

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2009, 06:41:30 am »

I have some Crazy Lace to slab this weekend, since i can't hardly tell which way is up with it, maybe i will luck out and cut it so the orb patterns show.

Mark
Report Spam   Logged

ScarlettoSara

Somewhere over the rainbow... way up high

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2009, 06:47:52 am »

This was such a wonderful treat to see all these beautiful stones and also to learn how they were created.  I want one of each!!!
George maybe its time to open up the room for orbieanonymous:)
Report Spam   Logged

"I tramp a perpetual journey.
― Walt Whitman, Song of Myself
Mark

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2009, 06:57:28 am »

I believe i still have some really cool orb'd material in my treasure drawer.  I know i have some really nice Carasite with orbs.  Carasite is a close relative to Morrisonite and is mined very close to the Morrisonite digs.  I have more Willow Creek squirreled away too, and who knows what else is in my drawer.  I don't even pull the drawer out more than a few inches, in case it might break from all the weight.  Maybe its really time to unload it, reorganize it, and shoot some pics.  I truly only remember about 1/4 of what is in there.  I know most of my most favorite stuff is in there, buried layer upon layer.

Mark
Report Spam   Logged

ScarlettoSara

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2009, 07:09:12 am »

Heck yes Mark, get busy. YOu for sure got a discerning eye and everything you show us is very special.
OPen that drawer!!
Report Spam   Logged

Mark

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2009, 07:15:00 am »

Don't be fooled, I have plenty of boxes of crap lying around too.  Some of the stuff should just be thrown away.  Its junk that someone else put in a box with a couple of nice slabs and sold the whole thing for $20.  It was probably worth it for the couple of good slabs, but the rest should be pitched.  Maybe this weekend.  I really would like to get into the good drawer.  I am a bit leary of dropping something, plus the slabs will cover the bed and floor before the drawer is emptied.  Then i have to figure what to do with them next.  At least this time, I will take pics so i can remember what i have.

Mark
Report Spam   Logged

Caution!Rocks
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2009, 01:05:17 pm »

Here's a couple interesting orbs..

Morrisonite

Bruneau Jasper
Report Spam   Logged
The Polished Pebble
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2009, 01:53:31 pm »

Here is a different look at orbs.......This is one of the Geodes I brought back from Wyoming.

When I cut this one, I kept hearing this odd sound. When the cut was finished, you could see what was causing the sound. The whole inside was filled with little white agate orbs that were loose. Like little beads. When it was cleaned out, this is what was left.

You can still see the orbs that don't have agate around them. It would have been even better if the inside had been filled with agate & orbs...but I'm not complaining. ;D

Connie

* Wyoming Geode - orbs 2.jpg (65.36 KB, 489x467 - viewed 54 times.)

* Wyoming Geode - orbs 1.jpg (61.28 KB, 640x480 - viewed 43 times.)
Report Spam   Logged
ScarlettoSara

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2009, 02:01:13 pm »

All of these stones are so cool looking.
I greatly enjoy seeing all of them.
Thank you for posting them.
Report Spam   Logged

Mark

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2009, 11:00:56 am »

Great stones, thanks for posting.  Wow that is one killer piece of Morrisonite with the multicolored orbs.  My pieces tend to have single color orbs.  Everyone, keep adding pics and info.

Mark
Report Spam   Logged

thewrightthings
« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2009, 09:57:41 pm »

Thanks, all, for putting so much into this link.  It's just full of eye candy.

Mark, maybe you should wait to go into that drawer till your surgery.  After, when you can't cab for a while, you can enjoy rediscovering all the stuff in that treasure drawer, taking them out one-by-one and drooling all over them(thus negating the licking process).
It will be a pleasant way to pass the time and plan how you can cab them when you're again able.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2009, 12:51:59 pm »

Paula, I was thinking the same thing.

Mark
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: