Helios Red Helios Green Helios Blue Helios Purple

Lapidary / Gemstone Community Forum
September 20, 2017, 06:46:30 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This Forum has moved to a new host.  Please go to http://lapidaryforum.net/group/index.php and sign up so you can participate.  You will no longer be able to post here.  It is now a read-only archive.

Home Help Search Classifieds Gallery Links Classified / Auctions Staff List Login Register  

Thoughts on Jasper/agate "claims".

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Thoughts on Jasper/agate "claims".  (Read 596 times)
Justin

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2016, 01:40:49 pm »

Thanks for your perspective and clarification Neal.
Report Spam   Logged
Talusman

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2016, 02:11:50 pm »

Certainly not my intention to cause confusion! Quite the opposite. I apologize if I posted wrong information - It's just what I've seen on BLM website. I totally value the service agate/Jasper miners provide. I have a garage full of purchased rough and a skeptical wife to prove it :)

My only goal here was to learn more about the rocks and hobby I love. Thank you for all of the great info and insights. I'll drop it now before I cause more trouble.  bricks

-Jeremy
Report Spam   Logged
55fossil

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2016, 03:14:01 pm »

Discussions like this are always good, for everyone in the rock community. My wife got over the skeptical when my jewelry and cabs started looking better. She still mocks me a little anytime I mention I am going to make money at this some day. You notice I did not say profit.
        I hope all your purchases are fortunate and make sure anything you buy can be easily returned if you cannot hold it in hand first. Wish we had some of your gemstone areas out here but I am very happy with agate and jasper.
Report Spam   Logged

Talusman

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2016, 03:56:22 pm »

Thanks - I've been lucky to be able to buy good stuff (including my box of deer sky - some preforms are in the queue). The very few times that what showed up was different than what was described the seller has been very understanding and helpful. I occasionally take a **** on a piece from an unknown seller and in that case you win some and lose some, but go into it knowing it's ok if it doesn't pan out.

Yes, pegmatites are cool. None locally that produce facet rough, but still neat geology with minerals and crystals. I collected at Ruggles Mine, NH as a boy - a massive pegmatite that helped spark my interest in rocks.

Good luck this spring - can't wait to see what you find.

Cheers,

-Jeremy
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: