Helios Red Helios Green Helios Blue Helios Purple

Lapidary / Gemstone Community Forum
April 23, 2017, 07:31:12 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This Forum has moved to a new host.  Please go to http://lapidaryforum.net/group/index.php and sign up so you can participate.  You will no longer be able to post here.  It is now a read-only archive.

Home Help Search Classifieds Gallery Links Classified / Auctions Staff List Login Register  

Water Output on Cabbing Machine

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Water Output on Cabbing Machine  (Read 380 times)
mrlnavy

View Profile
« on: January 18, 2016, 06:42:29 pm »

Hi guys I got my Cab King 4" about 5 months ago and LOVE it.  I am having a problem though. My water dripping system on some of the wheels is not dripping anymore.  Can I run a cleaning solution like CLR through the pump to try to clean up any clogs etc.

Any help would definitely be appreciated.

Thanks

Mike
Report Spam   Logged

Mike Longoria Sr

Social Buttons

stonemon

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2016, 07:54:51 pm »

Mike,
Cab King makes a 6" and an 8" unit. Not sure about a 4"   I would suggest pulling the tubing off the valves that are not working and blowing them out or cleaning them manually rather than introducing a caustic like clr into the system.
Be very diligent with your water supply. The only time I have had a clog in my system is when I allowed some kind of funk to get into the pump.
The system has not had a problem in over a year now with my 8" unit and my guess is you got some crud up the tube that is messing with you.
Hope this helps...
Bill
ps. I do not know what your water is like. Here in Western Oregon we have no trouble with hard water or calcification.The post assumes your have water that is not itself the problem!
Report Spam   Logged
mrlnavy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2016, 08:33:49 pm »

Thanks Stonemon your right it is a 6".  Thanks for the info. I will take things apart and check it out.

Thanks Stonemon...
Report Spam   Logged

Mike Longoria Sr
Bluesky

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2016, 06:37:37 pm »

Hi.  I just had that happen on mine - it turned out that the nozzle was blocked, and also that the knob wasn't tight enough so it was rotating on the spindle (it's just a set screw).  So try tightening the set screw in the side of the knob too.
Susan
Report Spam   Logged
mrlnavy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2016, 10:12:50 pm »

Sorry I haven't been on in awhile Susan. I just saw your post, thank you I will check for blockage.
Report Spam   Logged

Mike Longoria Sr

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: