Helios Red Helios Green Helios Blue Helios Purple

Lapidary / Gemstone Community Forum
March 30, 2017, 04:46:05 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This Forum has moved to a new host.  Please go to http://lapidaryforum.net/group/index.php and sign up so you can participate.  You will no longer be able to post here.  It is now a read-only archive.

Home Help Search Classifieds Gallery Links Classified / Auctions Staff List Login Register  

help to identify please

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: help to identify please  (Read 313 times)
flatlap4

View Profile
« on: January 14, 2016, 03:12:44 am »

Hello to all, I am hoping that someone out there may be able to help. I have inherited from my mother what I believe to be a lapping machine made by Engis. There are no marks or model numbers anywhere so I am having trouble finding out exactly what it is, i.e. model, year and exact use. Does anybody know a little more about this particular machine? Thank you in advance for taking the time to read this.

* engis 2 smaller.jpg (81.96 KB, 346x461 - viewed 27 times.)
Report Spam   Logged

Social Buttons

Hummingbirdstones
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2016, 06:57:40 am »

It appears that Engis makes lapping equipment, etc. for industrial use.  You might be able to contact them via their website and find out exactly what your machine was intended for.

http://www.engis.com/
Report Spam   Logged

Robin

" border="0
Back

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2016, 02:39:56 pm »

Hi

Welcome

First do you have any other parts? This looks to be a drive unit of 1 of the machines on the link that was provided. Also I am thinking that it is one of there older ones. If you have no other parts and the output shaft runs very slow then you have a problem. Just by the pic I think it will run slow. I hope that I am wrong. If it runs to fast then you could use a speed control to slow it down.

Again I hope that I am wrong because I see a cool machine for working stones.

Bless
Shawn
Report Spam   Logged
flatlap4

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2016, 10:41:31 am »

Hello, May I begin by thanking you all for your very helpful replies. Firstly, I have been in touch with Engis and they have been unable to help. I have posted another couple of photos of the entire machine so this may help. the only thing that seems to be incomplete is the water function that used to be in use. I think maybe my father dismantled it to clean it up and it never got put back together.

* engis 3 smaller.jpg (101.92 KB, 414x346 - viewed 18 times.)

* engis 4 smaller.jpg (90.44 KB, 346x461 - viewed 16 times.)
Report Spam   Logged
Isotelus

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2016, 07:15:32 am »

The University where I attended had one of these that we used to do thin sections on in geology. Yours appears to be mostley there.
Report Spam   Logged

Bryan

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: