Helios Red Helios Green Helios Blue Helios Purple

Lapidary / Gemstone Community Forum
July 20, 2017, 02:31:27 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This Forum has moved to a new host.  Please go to http://lapidaryforum.net/group/index.php and sign up so you can participate.  You will no longer be able to post here.  It is now a read-only archive.

Home Help Search Classifieds Gallery Links Classified / Auctions Staff List Login Register  

Christmas presents!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Christmas presents!  (Read 171 times)
Snakeadelic

View Profile
« on: December 25, 2015, 08:43:38 am »

What'd you guys get??  :D  I had a very Godzilla Christmas this year, one of my favorite kinds.  I got bunches of little imported toys, including a Mothra (super-hard to get as they sell out almost instantly whenever any are available anywhere), a Millennium Godzilla action figure, a Final Wars (movie) set of Godzilla and a flying vehicle called the Gotengo, and some WAY beyond just awesome wall decals. 

My face just about fell right off my head when I opened the box from my dad and found a beautiful Fuji digital camera!  I loves me my li'l Canon PowerShot A720 IS, but it is my second of the exact same model and cannot live forever...my first was a factory refurbish and I put 120,000 images through it before hitting a crucial malfunction.  As easy as the Canon has been for me to use, the Fuji looks like it might be even simpler!

The family of the fella I take care of in the non-horrible downstairs unit decided to shower me with fantastic choices, like a nice warm 3/4 sleeve shirt made out of lightweight long underwear weave material.  In exactly the right shade of blue to go along with the blue cowboy boots I finally found earlier this year after over 20 years looking for the RIGHT shade of blue!  They also sent me a lovely coloring book full of abstract/botanical designs.  To my total astonishment, at least some of the set of Pentel fine-tipped coloring markers currently in my custody that I remember my mom using on mandala designs in the late 1970s still have usable ink in them!

And over dinner we'll do our traditional watching of seasonal favorites...stop-motion Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer, animated Frosty the Snowman, the ORIGINAL Grinch, and Gremlins for a full-length feature since we watched Die Hard yesterday.  I totally love that meme my neighbor found about how "It's just not Christmas until I've seen Hans Gruber fall off Nakatomi Tower".  AND I get to add a new title to the annual film festival:  the Muppet Christmas Carol  yes (Kermit flail) YAAAAAAAAAAYYYYY!
Report Spam   Logged

Social Buttons

ileney

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2015, 10:17:38 am »

Received a vintage ( @1960?) green Lortone 10" slab saw with what appears to be its original blade that still has 50% life! So excited to have a slab saw! Watched holiday cooking shows with crazy Christmas cake makers.lambchops with the family for dinner. Yum!
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: