Helios Red Helios Green Helios Blue Helios Purple

Lapidary / Gemstone Community Forum
September 24, 2017, 12:56:14 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This Forum has moved to a new host.  Please go to http://lapidaryforum.net/group/index.php and sign up so you can participate.  You will no longer be able to post here.  It is now a read-only archive.

Home Help Search Classifieds Gallery Links Classified / Auctions Staff List Login Register  

Floor preference

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Floor preference  (Read 774 times)
Rockoteer

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2014, 03:45:03 pm »

You might want to look into something like these. They'll last forever, can just be hauled outside and hosed off for cleaning, and will be softer to walk on than hard cement. http://www.tractorsupply.com/en/store/rubber-horse-stall-mat-4-ft-x-6-ft

I think this is what T P was talking about.  I thought they were a little pricey>!!?
Report Spam   Logged

-Gary

Of all the things I've lost..I miss my mind the most.

Whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're probably right.
Bentiron

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2014, 06:17:52 pm »

That's good stuff, takes lots of abuse from walking on, a friend of mine had that in his machine shop before he died dead. Wish his wife would have let me have a piece or two but she didn't like me much, thought I was a bad influence on her hubby, dunno, but that was great flooring. He cut it to fit his needs.
Report Spam   Logged

RockIt2Me

"Rock It 2 Me!"

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2014, 07:27:21 pm »

Looks  like good stuff. 
I applied 2 part epoxy with the cute sprinkles.  Looks really good.
I discovered electricians are quite expensive.  We are running 200 amp service to the new shop.  I am running most of the interior electrics, but still costing several thousand bucks...yikes!

So my flooring budget is in the red.
Report Spam   Logged

Nancie
"Rock It 2 Me"
Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.   

Don't take life so seriously...It's not like you're going to get out alive ;-)                                                        

gemfeller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2014, 08:20:52 pm »

If you are looking for cushioning in just a few spots where dropping stones is most likely -- your cabbing machine and jewelry bench, -- visit some carpet stores.  Check their remnants for low-pile carpet that's "hard" enough to make rolling a work-chair easy but has enough "give" to help prevent  stone breakage.  I have pieces along my entire work area including my dopping station.  It can be vacuumed, looks decent, and can usually be had very inexpensively.
Report Spam   Logged

bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2014, 10:01:58 pm »

I use the industrial floor mats from Costco. Low knap with rubber backing and edges.
Bob
Report Spam   Logged

slabbercabber

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2014, 07:25:49 am »

Outdoor level loop rubber backed carpet will last forever.  It is hard enough to roll a chair on and tight enough to sweep with a broom.
Report Spam   Logged
RockIt2Me

"Rock It 2 Me!"

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2014, 04:29:39 am »

Yep, that's the plan.
Mats where I need them.

Thanks all.
Report Spam   Logged

Nancie
"Rock It 2 Me"
Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.   

Don't take life so seriously...It's not like you're going to get out alive ;-)                                                        

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: