Helios Red Helios Green Helios Blue Helios Purple

Lapidary / Gemstone Community Forum
August 19, 2017, 03:13:41 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This Forum has moved to a new host.  Please go to http://lapidaryforum.net/group/index.php and sign up so you can participate.  You will no longer be able to post here.  It is now a read-only archive.

Home Help Search Classifieds Gallery Links Classified / Auctions Staff List Login Register  

Forum Suggestions

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Forum Suggestions  (Read 622 times)
Enchantra
Administrator

Insane Bead Woman

View Profile WWW
« on: April 24, 2014, 11:31:14 am »

OK...
So what do you have for suggestions to move forward with the current set of changes?

It appears once Mark has the right code I will be a Global Moderator.

I've already sent Mark a list of people who I feel would be good additions to the moderation team as moderators for various sections or subforums.  So some of you will be getting a PM from him here eventually because I gave that task to him to decide what he thought of my suggestions..

So if you have ideas on anything else for Forum improvements or other ideas, please post them here.

Thanks.   yes
Report Spam   Logged

Social Buttons

jakesrocks

New Toy.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2014, 11:58:46 am »

Since many of our members buy and refurbish older equipment, I'd suggest that we have a section just for sharing information on rebuilding vintage equipment.
Report Spam   Logged

A day spent without learning something new, is a day wasted.

Don

GoodEarth

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2014, 12:31:00 pm »

I'm putting together a list... :) I'll post tonight.
Report Spam   Logged

Taogem
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2014, 01:25:06 pm »

Since many of our members buy and refurbish older equipment, I'd suggest that we have a section just for sharing information on rebuilding vintage equipment.

Hope this helps...

http://gemstone.smfforfree4.com/index.php/board,41.0.html
Report Spam   Logged
GoodEarth

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2014, 04:53:58 pm »

How about sending someone through the boards to organize & remove the sticky topics... Some of them are out of date, non-working links, and/or haven't had any relevant conversation for years.

A general re-organization of the boards would be in order as well IMHO, but I'm not sure that sort of change is what we are looking for here.
Report Spam   Logged

Enchantra
Administrator

Insane Bead Woman

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2014, 07:25:33 pm »

How about sending someone through the boards to organize & remove the sticky topics... Some of them are out of date, non-working links, and/or haven't had any relevant conversation for years.

A general re-organization of the boards would be in order as well IMHO, but I'm not sure that sort of change is what we are looking for here.

I actually did that earlier this year in forum areas where I was able to do it.  If no one had posted to a topic in over a year I unstickied it.  No use keeping something stickied that no one is responding to.  However I only had a small number of areas I could do that in.
Report Spam   Logged

GoodEarth

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2014, 07:53:54 pm »

How about fixing the sidebar contest photo to show Helene's screen name over her winning entry instead of reading "lonelygems (Helene)"
Report Spam   Logged

lithicbeads
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2014, 10:08:25 pm »

This is not the first time Jakesrocks has asked for  a section on rebuilds and it is a crucial activity , and a difficult one , for many of us. This is a very good suggestion .
Report Spam   Logged

Taogem
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2014, 01:58:01 am »

You guys probably noticed the rotating member banners are gone..

There were so many obsolete that needed to removed to edit..

Any "active" member who wishes to have a clickable banner added to the forums rotating banner for your online sites, please do either reply here, or PM me..

Happy to create your banners for you if you do not have one..
Report Spam   Logged
Taogem
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2014, 02:13:22 am »

This is not the first time Jakesrocks has asked for  a section on rebuilds and it is a crucial activity , and a difficult one , for many of us. This is a very good suggestion .

Hi Frank.. Glad your still here...

Is it that you and Don would like to see something in addition to these "Cabbing And Grooving Machines.. Projects / New and Used" , and the sub category, "Cabbing Machine Related Maintenance"  boards ?  http://gemstone.smfforfree4.com/index.php/board,41.0.html 

Report Spam   Logged
Enchantra
Administrator

Insane Bead Woman

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2014, 11:38:58 am »

Ok looking around here I'm going to gather we either really need to update the following forum, or get rid of it and put the threads within it to other sections of the forum...

http://gemstone.smfforfree4.com/index.php/board,46.0.html
Report Spam   Logged

asianfire

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2014, 07:35:36 pm »

That specific board was created as an eventual home for all the long treads after a year. That's when the more active members started to use single threads instead of hundreds of I du individual ones. It was meant to be a one stop showcase of what we got to offer for visitors.
Report Spam   Logged

I shut my eyes in order to see ~ Gauguin

When you realize there is nothing lacking - the whole world belongs to you ~ Lao Tzu
--------------------------------------------------
Personal website introduction.      brilliantchallenge.webs.com/
PhilNM

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2014, 07:58:15 pm »

About all I can say is "If it isn't broken, don't fix it.". I like it the way it is.
Report Spam   Logged

Enchantra
Administrator

Insane Bead Woman

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2014, 08:08:33 pm »

I'm not really making huge changes here.  But I've had requests to unsticky older postings from other members, so I've done that.  I'm still doing general housekeeping at this point.  For the most part I'm leaving things as is - I to believe that if it isn't broken, don't fix it.  However I am of the belief to try to make things EASIER for forum members to access information.  So to that end I may try to make things more accessible.
Report Spam   Logged

Taogem
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2014, 02:26:29 am »

You guys probably noticed the rotating member banners are gone..

There were so many obsolete that needed to removed to edit..

Any "active" member who wishes to have a clickable banner added to the forums rotating banner for your online sites, please do either reply here, or PM me..

Happy to create your banners for you if you do not have one..

I am about ready to place the rotating banner back in place with current members banners..

I want to be sure and get everyone who is a current participating member in it...

A lot of members have a banner/logo in their signature...

For those of you that do have one in your sig, can you please give a show of hands so I can just copy those .. ?

A few members have sent messages asking for banners.. Just a reminder that if you would like to be included, please let us know ..
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: