Helios Red Helios Green Helios Blue Helios Purple

Lapidary / Gemstone Community Forum
June 23, 2017, 06:00:47 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This Forum has moved to a new host.  Please go to http://lapidaryforum.net/group/index.php and sign up so you can participate.  You will no longer be able to post here.  It is now a read-only archive.

Home Help Search Classifieds Gallery Links Classified / Auctions Staff List Login Register  

New problems

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New problems  (Read 443 times)
lithicbeads
Global Moderator

View Profile
« on: December 04, 2013, 06:38:50 am »

I woke up to a type of message from the forum which I have never seen before . This message has routed posts new and old for my " approval". I will contact the site administrator today as I have no power to address this issue. Sorry to those who may be inconvenienced.
Report Spam   Logged

Social Buttons

Enchantra
Administrator

Insane Bead Woman

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2013, 06:57:05 am »

...and I keep having issues where I time out trying to post, or worse yet I get the internal server error message saying there is a problem with the server.  I hit refresh a few times and it goes away - at least temporarily.
Report Spam   Logged

asianfire

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2013, 07:25:54 am »

could it possibly be your local internet connection?

Had no issues these past few months on the phone or computer to reach this or other forums.  But then again, I never log out and the system only asks me to reconfirm log-in every 5 or 6 months.
Report Spam   Logged

I shut my eyes in order to see ~ Gauguin

When you realize there is nothing lacking - the whole world belongs to you ~ Lao Tzu
--------------------------------------------------
Personal website introduction.      brilliantchallenge.webs.com/
lithicbeads
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2013, 07:49:23 am »

I have had similar problems to Amandas but I think it is simply my crappy connection to the internet which is intermittent.The problem I referred to above is a routing problem of apparently  long standing but it only appeared on my email today.
Report Spam   Logged

Enchantra
Administrator

Insane Bead Woman

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2013, 07:50:46 am »

Kurt - My boyfriend checked all the servers in our home for me, and we even called our local provider of service and there was nothing wrong.  I even deleted cookies etc and still got the problem.  I'm wondering if a gateway someplace between Frank and I, and the actual server the forum is on is having some issues.
Report Spam   Logged

Michael S Hoover - Redrummd

Art In Stone

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2013, 09:39:34 am »

Probably "cyber" shopping traffic volume creating server issues in the "cloud"....
Report Spam   Logged

phishisgroovin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2013, 10:54:03 am »

error page for the server means you need to reboot your wireless or ethernet modem and your cable/dsl modem.
They too build up cache of pages and alot of times conflict with current pages and DNS servers. this also helps when the website is slow to load.

unplug modems, wait a couple seconds to a minute and plug back in.

RUN CRAP CLEANER!!
www.piriform.con its free, make sure to uncheck whatever boxes during install.

The time out problem is a setting in the admin panel, its usually set for faster posts, if a posts is going to be huge i always create it in word or notebook and then copy & paste it into my topic then hit post.

Report Spam   Logged
Cowboy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2013, 11:51:29 am »

I'm having the same problem as Amanda: I can't seem to post a reply to anything without being told repeatedly that my session has timed out.
Report Spam   Logged
Cowboy

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2013, 11:52:21 am »

It took me five times refreshing to post that last reply.
Report Spam   Logged
Cowboy

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2013, 11:59:40 am »

I just tested posting to a couple other forums I frequent, and had no trouble there. The trouble seems to be limited to this forum, and it is intermittent.
Report Spam   Logged
Steve

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2013, 12:45:34 pm »

RUN CRAP CLEANER!!
www.piriform.con its free, make sure to uncheck whatever boxes during install.

I checked into this and went to CClean for info.  Now here's my problem:  I know how to use the computer, but I don't know what the computer does to let me use it, so.................checking or un-checking the 'boxes' before running is my problem.  I don't know what is necessary or unnecessary for the smooth operations................Plainly speaking, I don't understand Computer Geek-a-nese on what is necessary or just clutter......... bricks
Report Spam   Logged

Steve.............The Silver Fox

My Photo Bucket site:  http://s743.photobucket.com/user/sferenz/library/?sort=3&page=1

Bentiron

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2013, 03:26:37 pm »

Some village some where lost their computer idiot and he now resides in my brain, however the only problem I have had has been extremely slow speed. I type fairly fast and I have done this whole thing and am way ahead of it showing up on the screen(kinda disconcerting) to know your are typing and nothing showing, having to stop to what you have typed. I was up at six this morning and went on one of my other forums and it was slow enough on the WWW that I could finally post on it. I think with the long weekend and all the children home, moms and dads shopping things just got really bogged down. dunno
Report Spam   Logged

Enchantra
Administrator

Insane Bead Woman

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2013, 09:27:39 am »

I just tested posting to a couple other forums I frequent, and had no trouble there. The trouble seems to be limited to this forum, and it is intermittent.

I encounter much the same, the slow downs only happen with this forum.  The time-outs only happen with this forum.
Report Spam   Logged

phishisgroovin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2013, 10:46:49 am »

i had to update my website yesterday, many of the problems should go away after the one button click happens in the admin panel.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: