Helios Red Helios Green Helios Blue Helios Purple

Lapidary / Gemstone Community Forum
September 20, 2017, 01:27:18 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This Forum has moved to a new host.  Please go to http://lapidaryforum.net/group/index.php and sign up so you can participate.  You will no longer be able to post here.  It is now a read-only archive.

Home Help Search Classifieds Gallery Links Classified / Auctions Staff List Login Register  

That's It, We're Done - Maybe

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: That's It, We're Done - Maybe  (Read 748 times)
denny
« on: November 13, 2013, 08:08:44 am »

We just received our BD 10" trim/slab saw yesterday so that's probably it for awhile.  We have a 16" HP slab saw, the 10" saw, a Genie, a BD 6" cab combo machine, Richardson polisher, Rotoblast wet polisher, two Lorton tumblers, potters wheel and a Case tumbler.  They aren't all in one place so no pictures (16" saw in the garage, Richardson polisher, cab combo machine and pottery wheel on back porch, tumblers, Genie and 12" saw in hobby room).  Still, it's nice to have everything ready to go.  I sure wish we had started this when we were young.
Report Spam   Logged

Social Buttons

Enchantra
Administrator

Insane Bead Woman

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2013, 08:13:36 am »

Yeah it does get a bit expensive... bricks
Report Spam   Logged

wyrock

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2013, 01:48:08 pm »

Fooled me. hahaha When I read your heading I thought you were quitting. Happy to hear that all goes well.
Jim
Report Spam   Logged

Making rocks immortal one stone at a time.
PanaMark

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2013, 07:16:20 pm »

I sure wish we had started this when we were young.

I thought that too, but maybe it is better this way because it is such a hoot now! And I would've missed doing some other great stuff.

PS: We need pictures of all that stuff.
Report Spam   Logged

- Mark

Trying to see the potential in every rock (and everybody).
denny
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2013, 07:14:18 am »

I sure wish we had started this when we were young.

I thought that too, but maybe it is better this way because it is such a hoot now! And I would've missed doing some other great stuff.

PS: We need pictures of all that stuff.

I took a quick and dirty yesterday afternoon of Kylene in the shop fiddling with the new saw. Next to her is the Genie and in back of her is the Gryphon diamond band saw (which she used in her "previous" life as a master stained glass craftsman).  To the left of where she is is where the tumblers are presently quiet (there were disassembled and cleaned).  The rest of the equipment is located elsewhere but I'm sure you've seen what a slab saw, cab combo machine, polishing wheel, etc look like. 

The room where she is in the picture is actually called a "hobby room" in the model of house we have. It's 8x12 and loaded to the gills. Not much room to maneuver in there anymore.

Report Spam   Logged
catmandewe

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2013, 09:13:53 am »

Denny and Kylene, You Rock!

Lookin good..............Tony
Report Spam   Logged

Get free shipping and/or discounts on products at Cabking by using the following link.
http://cabking.com/ref/IdahoRockShop/
Isotelus

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2013, 11:01:08 am »

Done ??? So when does a shop get finished ???  Isn't there always something else that comes along?  One more thing!!!

Seriously though, Nice Shop.
Report Spam   Logged

Bryan
Bentiron

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2013, 02:48:14 pm »

Does one ever get finished? It's like the bumper stickers you see that say "He who dies with the most ______ WINS!" Just put anything you want in the blank. Because of various health/life issues I haven't been able to do some things but until a couple of years ago I never got rid of a single tool. Now, however, I have been passing some of them on or just selling them to the person willing to pay the most for them. I have found that some tools shouldn't just be given away, they are not respected for what they are, and others are made up into kits for beginners. Before immigration became such a hot button issue I got to know a Mexican Baptist pastor and made up ten kits of yard working tools for him to give to some of his flock so that they could earn some kind of living, I got ten of the nicest letters in Spanish thanking me for the tools from their wives. Well I guess that I sure got off topic in a hurry didn't I?
Report Spam   Logged

skystone

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2014, 07:20:40 pm »

Ok so now you're set up for lapidary. When ya gonna start getting stuff to do silver setings etc.? hide
Report Spam   Logged
denny
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2014, 09:26:26 am »

Ok so now you're set up for lapidary. When ya gonna start getting stuff to do silver setings etc.? hide

I had to go back to see what this was about.  The picture was taken before I got pneumonia and subsequently cancer the end of last year.  In other words, I haven't touched any equipment since December last year.  Many of my on-board friends have supplied me with rough to keep my spirits up, but still I haven't worked on any of it.  I keep saying that when the weather cools off, I'll get with the program.  I'm not sure that is true, but I keep hoping.

As far as doing silver setting, ain't gonna happen.  I have simple abilities and enjoy slabbing and polishing - not much else.  Besides, someone would have to supply me with silver and Bob hoards all his good stuff! ura
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: