Helios Red Helios Green Helios Blue Helios Purple

Lapidary / Gemstone Community Forum
November 24, 2017, 10:42:36 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This Forum has moved to a new host.  Please go to http://lapidaryforum.net/group/index.php and sign up so you can participate.  You will no longer be able to post here.  It is now a read-only archive.

Home Help Search Classifieds Gallery Links Classified / Auctions Staff List Login Register  

our shop area

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: our shop area  (Read 2146 times)
stonesthatrock
« on: March 02, 2009, 11:32:16 pm »

heres the shop that ralph added on to the house.  its 25" x 12"   suits us nicely.  He also, added an office for me.  We bought the house last feb. he started adding on and we moved in   that aug.   Since then, things have changed very little.

Report Spam   Logged

Social Buttons

travelerga
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2009, 04:35:32 am »

that is a most beautiful shop, But I did not realise you all were so small. I mean to get all of that in a 25 inch by 12 inch area...... must be magic.... lol    when did you say you were going to be out for the evening ,, (grin)
very nice
mike
Report Spam   Logged
stonesthatrock
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2009, 08:00:07 am »

omg   lmao    12" x 25",    i think i used to typing slabs sizes   lol
Report Spam   Logged
mirkaba

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2009, 12:58:49 pm »

Very nice shop area! You have plenty of room. I would guess that you have no cats judging from the unprotected Kitty Litter.................Bob
Report Spam   Logged

Bob

Gathering dust in Montana.
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2009, 07:19:44 pm »

You are far too highly organized. Those shoe box bins are all labeled! Want to come label mine?
Great looking shop and it is well laid out for maximum efficiency!
Bob
Report Spam   Logged

Old Hickory

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2009, 07:22:27 pm »

Very neat shop, tell us what you use the lavendar Studio Grinder for.

Report Spam   Logged

Ron

BUYING QUALITY PRODUCTS IS LIKE BUYING OATS. If you want nice, clean fresh oats you must pay a fair price. However if you can be satisfied with oats that have ALREADY BEEN THROUGH THE HORSE....... "WELL THAT COMES A LITTLE CHEAPER"
Taogem
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2009, 07:27:59 pm »

What a perfect shop !

I am looking around and see a perfect selection of different types of equipment that enable you to do anything your hearts desire!

Really great !

Report Spam   Logged
Bluesssman
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2009, 07:41:40 pm »

When you get done labeling Bobby1's shoe boxes, I am only up the road a bit and my boxes will be waiting!! ;D ;D ;D
Report Spam   Logged
stonesthatrock
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2009, 08:38:14 pm »

the small machine is a gryphon machine and it makes the grooves in the side of cab. you can also grind on it too.  Works very cool and the cost wasn't bad.

bluesman,  gimmie your address, some tape and a printer and i will be right over.  ;D

most of my labels are still the same stuff in the boxes, except now i have added more material.  i do this beause we take them to the shows and people need to know what they are.  after i get home, its easy to find what i'm looking for when someone emails me for something.

Now heres the surprising fact.......i've never been an organized person until i met  Ralph,  geeeeesssssssssss  look at me now    :o

no kitty cats here or dogs :'(

ty ralph and mary ann
Report Spam   Logged
akansan
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2009, 09:12:19 pm »

It looks great!  If you ever make it up to Kansas, I'll let you put my rocks in shoeboxes. Most of mine are still living in the FRBs they arrived in!
Report Spam   Logged
Crystal Nebula
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2009, 08:57:00 am »

very nice shop.  the one rock you dont seem to have is called "clutter". I will send you some.
Happy to see the label" apache gold". thought i was the only one anymore.
will buy all you got thats solid if you are sellin.
:)
 hows the kambumba and mook? gettin hard to find the juice in my neck of the woods.

saws are very nice. Never seen someone use a concrete blade. works well? I guess it would....hmmm.
 lots of fresh air. lots of light. Maybe I should try that......
Report Spam   Logged
stonesthatrock
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2009, 01:36:31 pm »

i am selling all you see........  if you look in my flickr you will see most of the slabs i have.   i just cut the mookite yesterday,  i like it.    I like the color of the kambamba......  I have seen many cabs from it,  they look very nice.  I didn't take pics of the "clutter" 

ty
ralph and mary ann
Report Spam   Logged
Crystal Nebula
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2009, 05:17:48 am »

wow Ralph. 40 pages I have been through.

1. no apache gold for sale?
2. Im happy to see your prices on chrysoprase.
3. very nice holly.
4. Have you ever tried orienting the silver sheen in the other direction? silly question, im sure you have. If not, I bet you'll find alot more color that way. sheens, rainbow, Peacock and velvet flash cut off-growth plane would be a total waste of major cash. just a thought.
5. thanks for reminding me of what burro creek is. I have a few of these, and can never remember the name.
6. you must have been a dinosaur killer in a former life. Is the stuff growing out of your back yard? Thats alot of bone.
 very nice site. congrats!

Report Spam   Logged
stonesthatrock
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2009, 08:21:44 am »

ty for all the comments.
you know i cut the obsidian all before someone told me to turn it   :(   but if i come across more, i will be sure to do it both ways and look.....

i have some apache gold pieces laying around.  i will see if i can get some pics. of it.

i don't have any prices of chysophrase in my flickr.

I got a good deal in quartzsite this yr. on the bone.  so i bought it up.  lol   Most i don't think is that great.

The burro creek,  i have all kinds of the purple.  I have some very purple  nuggest also.

ty ralph and mary ann
Report Spam   Logged
vitzitziltecpatl

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2010, 10:52:02 pm »

Hi there Ralph and Mary Ann. Now I know where the nice slabs we bought in Sedona (Oct. 2010) came from, and oh do I ever agree with everyone who said what a nice shop that is!

Found these forums again doing Google search for Apache Gold after we picked up some recently. Saw some in the bins pictured in this thread. Must agree, Ralph, that AG is waaaay too messy - but I didn't believe it when someone else told me how messy it is, so we cabbed some. It was the first rough I'd had my hands on. Pretty when it's done, but cleanup (me AND machines) took forever!

Anyway, it's nice to say hello to you folks on here. We'll see you again at the shows... .
Report Spam   Logged

DonniesTreasures

I just love the surprises!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2010, 06:43:00 am »

What a wonderful shop!!!!!! yes  I love that you have things labeled. I have a little labeled in bags in drawers.  The rest of it is just labeled - rocks!
Report Spam   Logged

stonesthatrock
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2010, 07:40:22 am »

hello vince,
its good to see you on the forum......... Our next show is in tombstone if you feel like taking a ride  driving.
you can see most of my slabs on my website.

ty
ralph and mary ann
Report Spam   Logged
skystone
« Reply #17 on: December 25, 2010, 10:57:45 pm »

A clean/ organized shop. Is surely (don't call me shirly) the sign of a sick mind. I must have the healthiest mind around LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't find a danged thing either. But I know it's here some place!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Report Spam   Logged
TDurgin
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2011, 04:20:10 pm »

AMAZING!!! and so clean. It's so organized I'm sure i would never be able to find anything!
Report Spam   Logged
stonesthatrock
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2011, 06:14:31 pm »

those are some old pics....... yes  about the same with more rock. ura

mary ann
Report Spam   Logged
ElectricMonk
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2011, 06:22:13 pm »

I have to ask, is that plywood box between the saws for absorbing excess oil? I assume it is cat litter but can't really tell, perhaps that stuff for auto shop floors?

We have been taking a small 6" squeegee and removing the excess from slabs, trying to keep as much in the saw as possible. Not sure if I like our method but the mineral oil isn't too gross by itself, once it gets "gummy" though that is another matter.

Nice shop! I was going to go with stainless steel tables, bite the bullet and spend about $200.00 per table and just get a few of them. Now I think I will look for used counter tops on craigslist and do my own framing. I was going to build them myself out of plywood and seal them, then thought better of it. I think that laminated stuff is a better idea and would serve the purpose intended (not getting oil soaked wooden mess).

Thanks for the shots!
Report Spam   Logged
stonesthatrock
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2011, 02:41:10 pm »

the counters tops are the best........... in 2 yrs they have taken a real beating and still look pretty good....   The kitty litter was for the oil, but I didn't like it so we have moved on the awesome and water...... lol

Thanks
mary ann
Report Spam   Logged
Roger
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2011, 03:24:22 pm »

Nice nice shop guys. Love the labels I have that disease as well. Hope to have some pictures up soon. Just need to incorporate new acquisitions. Then its off to the races so to speak.  toocool2
Report Spam   Logged
Alvin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2011, 07:32:11 pm »

great shop.Organization is the best way to save time. with days being so short in business, it is always profitable to find extra time. cabber and carpenter too, very tallanted.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: