Helios Red Helios Green Helios Blue Helios Purple

Lapidary / Gemstone Community Forum
November 24, 2017, 10:49:59 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This Forum has moved to a new host.  Please go to http://lapidaryforum.net/group/index.php and sign up so you can participate.  You will no longer be able to post here.  It is now a read-only archive.

Home Help Search Classifieds Gallery Links Classified / Auctions Staff List Login Register  

My shop is almost done...

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My shop is almost done...  (Read 678 times)
Carol M

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2013, 06:33:15 pm »

I am so jealous of both the space you have and the tools. I have to store a lot of mine under and above my counters and my benches. You have dedicated work stations which makes life so much easier. When I cast, I have to roll out the vacuum caster to invest, roll it back, clear the bench and get the Neycraft (which is stored on it's side under the bench) and set it up. I have my kilns on top of my bench instead of under, since I enamel. Likewise when I polish, I have to dig out the polisher and the wheels and set them up, and when I'm done, store them again. It makes you not want to use them since it's so much trouble to root them out.

I was in heaven for a year or two with my 10 x 10 room. I've SO outgrown it, I have way too many tools. But I think you take the cake for most room, stations, equipment and tools! I need that hydraulic press. I do have a compressor, but haven't even used it yet because I'll have to run a hose through the wall, I can't fit anything else in the room.

Debbie K

Ditto to Debbie's comments.
I showed these photos to my husband because HE THOUGHT I HAD A LOT OF TOOLS.
I think you're shop is a dream come true. 
Retirement is THE BEST!!!
I love learning whatever I feel like learning and if I want to 'work' I do....and if it's too lovely outside and I want to 'go out on my e-bike' ......I do!!!! yippie
Report Spam   Logged

Ciao,
Carol M
"Pursue Your Passions....."
"Imagine the Possibilities!"
"Mistakes are simply a form of practice!"
"People who never make mistakes.....probably never do anything!"

sealdaddy
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2013, 06:49:51 am »

I'm curious what you use that toaster oven for, friend?
Report Spam   Logged
Cowboy

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2013, 09:10:52 am »

I'm curious what you use that toaster oven for, friend?

I can't speak for Goldsmithy, but I can answer as yet another guy who keeps a toaster oven in the lapidary shop. I use it to dry stone that has been stabilized with sodium silicate. Sometimes I use it to preheat a slab before I use epoxy to repair a crack or fill a void. The epoxy flows into the tiny crevices of a hot slab better than a cold one.

It keeps the peace in the house when I don't cook sodium silicate in the kitchen!

And sometimes I use it to heat a snack!
Report Spam   Logged
Goldsmithy

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2013, 10:02:27 am »

I use it to temper knife blades and stabilizing things, among other things. They are handy to have around.  Teddy
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: