Helios Red Helios Green Helios Blue Helios Purple

Lapidary / Gemstone Community Forum
March 24, 2017, 09:59:26 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This Forum has moved to a new host.  Please go to http://lapidaryforum.net/group/index.php and sign up so you can participate.  You will no longer be able to post here.  It is now a read-only archive.

Home Help Search Classifieds Gallery Links Classified / Auctions Staff List Login Register  

Rock Guide - Ocean Jasper - Info / History / Identification

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rock Guide - Ocean Jasper - Info / History / Identification  (Read 1309 times)
Mark

View Profile WWW
« on: May 29, 2013, 08:53:04 am »

I am finally getting around to at least starting some Rock Guides that i have had in mind for quite awhile.  I mentioned this to Aaron months and months ago but got a bit distracted with my crazy life.  My intention is to provide info, history, and a large number and variety of pics so that you will better understand these stones and hopefully be able to identify then a bit easier.  My hope is to keep these guides free of discussion so that they don't end up all opinion and very little content.  To that end, i will either try to lock them so that only i can post to them, or if that is not possible, ask that no one post to these guides.  I will provide a separate thread that will go along with these guides and that is where discussion/questions/corrections/etc., are to take place.  The discussion thread will be located at "http://gemstone.smfforfree4.com/index.php/topic,13032.0.html" and this name is a link and by clicking on it, you should be taken to t he discussion thread.  Please feel free to inundate me with questions, comments, name calling, criticism, etc.  I am sure i will make mistakes, leave things out, etc., and please feel free to point that out.  I would really like these guides to be useful and with all your help, i am sure that can happen.  So please refrain from posting to this and any other guides and instead place all your posts in the general purpose "Rock Guide Discussion thread".  And since i am just starting out, it will take a bit to really get a lot of content posted, so please bear with me.

Mark

Now on with Ocean Jasper

Stone:                  Ocean Jasper
Other Names:       
Current State:      Mined out.  Mine closed approximately 3 years ago, say around 2009.

History:                 Ocean Jasper first came to market around xxx xx, 200x.  The Gem Shoppe was one of the
                              first large distributors and imported tons of the stone.  ............................

Price:                     Slabs can run from under $10 up to hundreds of dollars, say $400 to $500 for large mult-
                              colored slabs with really kool patterns.   Rough can range from $x / lb for lower grade 3
                               up to $xx / lb for grade 1

Pics:

Ocean Jasper with bright opaque colors and multi-ringed small orbs:

Ocean Jasper with Black Orbs and Pyrite Inclusions:

Ocean Jasper with bright opaque colors, multi-ringed small orbs, and a Quartz crystal lined vug pic 1:

Ocean Jasper with bright opaque colors, multi-ringed small orbs, and a Quartz crystal lined vug pic 2:

Report Spam   Logged

Social Buttons

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: