Helios Red Helios Green Helios Blue Helios Purple

Lapidary / Gemstone Community Forum
November 24, 2017, 03:07:36 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This Forum has moved to a new host.  Please go to http://lapidaryforum.net/group/index.php and sign up so you can participate.  You will no longer be able to post here.  It is now a read-only archive.

Home Help Search Classifieds Gallery Links Classified / Auctions Staff List Login Register  

New respirator

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New respirator  (Read 854 times)
Bentiron

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2013, 05:14:43 pm »

A few years back when my blood pressure went through the roof suddenly my doctor put me on this one medication and after a few weeks on it I  had this small but persistent  cough, especially bad at night, turns out it was caused by the medication so I was switched to another one and in a few days it was gone. Some folks who come down with Valley Fever also have a cough like this or congestive heat disease and even the start of silicosis. If it continues get it checked out, we sure don't want to be sick for very long.
Report Spam   Logged

3rdRockFromTheFun

Arfzzz...

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2013, 06:59:32 pm »

My smoking probably has nothing to do with it saved1
Report Spam   Logged

-frank-

Shop The Eager Beader

Bentiron

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2013, 05:37:07 pm »

You SMOKE!!! Now stop that right now or I'm sending Smoky the Bear over to stomp that fire out yes
Report Spam   Logged

Barclay

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2013, 12:25:18 pm »

If you are planning to spend a lot of time wearing the respirator and you have a lung condition you may want to look in to a powered air purifying respirator (PAPR).  They have a battery pack and they blow air into the mask instead of your lungs having to pull it through the cartridge.  The blown air also cuts down on fogging.  They may be a bit pricey though as they are made for use in more highly contaminated atmospheres.  Our friends at OSHA say that you should have your doctor evaluate you for wearing a respirator before you start wearing one.  Sick lungs and hearts may not be up to the strain this places on your body.  My personal preference would be to find a way for ventilation to push or pull the dust away so you don't need a respirator.
Report Spam   Logged

Lowly Padawan of rocks
lithicbeads
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2013, 02:21:11 pm »

Good advice . So far I have been fortunate as the respirator has never brought on an asthma attack  and I have never found myself wheezing after using mine. Cross my fingers.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: