Helios Red Helios Green Helios Blue Helios Purple

Lapidary / Gemstone Community Forum
November 24, 2017, 10:51:06 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This Forum has moved to a new host.  Please go to http://lapidaryforum.net/group/index.php and sign up so you can participate.  You will no longer be able to post here.  It is now a read-only archive.

Home Help Search Classifieds Gallery Links Classified / Auctions Staff List Login Register  

My world...tools, equipments and rocks

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My world...tools, equipments and rocks  (Read 693 times)
lonelygems

View Profile
« on: April 26, 2013, 07:35:01 am »

Hi friends.....i should post these a few months ago after my introduction but my hands is too lazy to taking pictures......and typing hide

Above is a point view of all my toys...i build them all by my self and my lathe friends except the ultrasonic drill and carving unit. He is my first assistant on left...second is in holiday.

Ultrasonic drill

Thats me..... yes

Sacks of roughs.......i don't know what is them all inside, mixed of unsorted agate, jasper, fossils, obsidian, opal.. dunno

Some mixed big slabs....unsorted.

My grinding unit....one wheel on each side and easy to replace any wheel i need, need to work with both right and left hands.

Saw units....6", 10" and 18" behind me.

Bits collection.

Rocks piles

Polishing cab with diamond powder.

Sorting slabs to work.... yippie

Me with my reason why i'm working so hard....my loved doughter and my wife...she is was cooking in the kitchen  yes

Enjoy pictures..... yes yes yes
Report Spam   Logged

Daniel

Social Buttons

DonniesTreasures

I just love the surprises!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2013, 07:41:29 am »

Thanks a bunch for giving us a peek into your world of rocks!  Pretty daughter & boy do you have some rocks!!!! yes  Looks like you are a hard core rock  ura yippie24hound!
Report Spam   Logged

lonelygems

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2013, 07:44:25 am »

My pleasure Donnie.....thank youuuu yes yes yes
Report Spam   Logged

Daniel
Mark

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2013, 07:50:29 am »

Great pictures Daniel and what a cute daughter.  Are you teaching her to work with rocks yet?  I am again trying to get my daughter and sons interested in working with rocks and away from the computer and games.  I keep telling my daughter about all the great jewelry we / she can make, but it hasn't sunk in yet.

I'll take a couple of those large purple and blue chunks of rough from out in the yard.  Just kidding.  I would love to lay all my stuff out, but i don't have enough room for that, so i have to box it up and can only keep a little bit out to look at.

Mark
Report Spam   Logged

itsandbits1

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2013, 07:50:43 am »

Thanks for the tour Daneil!!!
what a great shop; and it looks like you are doing your best to keep the dust down yes yes I like the way you have made and set up your equipment. The climate there could probably bury your rock piles in greenery pretty fast I bet; probably a battle to keep it at bay :<))
Yes, the family sure keeps us in mind of what counts in life; it looks like you are enjoying what you do too.
Lloyd
Report Spam   Logged

The wheels of life go round and round, round and round, round and round, and then they hit a rock

Debbie K

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2013, 08:01:33 am »

Daniel:

Thank you so much for a tour of your world. You have so much space and so many rocks! I assume that you are selling your finished stones professionally since you have two assistants. What are you selling, do you make jewelry with them yourself or sell to jewelers? It looks like you have a very efficient shop and I am envious.

I'm intrigued by the photo showing polishing with diamond powder; you are doing this by hand? What is the paper that they are being rubbed on and do you use oil or water or anything else?

Man, do you ever have alot of rocks! I don't see how you choose what to work on next! Your daughter is beautiful; maybe you can get her interested in carving; you are so good at it maybe she will inherit your talent. I try to teach anyone I can to carve, it is becoming such a lost art.

Thank you again; you have a beautiful daughter, home and shop.

Debbie K
Report Spam   Logged
bigdogpc
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2013, 08:03:48 am »

Thanks for the tour!  Looks great!
Report Spam   Logged
asianfire

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2013, 08:37:18 am »

Yikes,..... If I ever get down there, just roaming your shop and yard will need a week of holiday.  crackthewhip saved2 And all that before even considering going on a trip with you. hugs32

Nice set-up you have got there, and just look at that rightfully proud Babak or should that be Ahya. chuckle
Report Spam   Logged

I shut my eyes in order to see ~ Gauguin

When you realize there is nothing lacking - the whole world belongs to you ~ Lao Tzu
--------------------------------------------------
Personal website introduction.      brilliantchallenge.webs.com/
sealdaddy
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2013, 08:56:33 am »

Awesome~!!!
I have "Shop Envy"~!!
And ALL those rocks...I'd be in Heaven there, friend~!

Thanks for showing us!
[now I'm going to cut something on my tiny Rock Rascal and cry]
Report Spam   Logged
lonelygems

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2013, 09:00:04 am »

Thanks to all my friends.....

Mark...i haven't teach my doughter yet but sure i will...only if she want it. Cutting rocks/ lapidary and smithing is good activities for youngster i'm sure....there is a lot of time consume and creativity process also phisical works in rockhounding...i think it is a perfect to build a self reliance and avoid any not good influence around our life ura

Lloyd...yes i'm for my little family, work hard for them and i like my lapidary and smithing works....i still can't showing my smithing works because a bunch of good reasons yes

Debbie....I'm used to work by custom order from my friends, they are professional jewelry designers, i also sell my roughs, cabs or carving. Right now i'm contracted by my best friend who invest a lot for all my rocks. I'm also a pro smithing.... yes
About polishing with paper....that is my method to do a great polish on a cab....it is tracing paper with baby oil and diamond powder...i did it when i need a maximum shine.... ura

Kurt....you are very welcome in my home yes
Report Spam   Logged

Daniel
NuevoMundo

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2013, 10:10:23 am »

Wow, those are quite some piles of rock! What a cute little girl, I can see why you work so hard! You have a great workshop set up.  yes
Report Spam   Logged

lonelygems

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2013, 10:19:57 am »

Thanks Aaron...and thank you so much for the box, i received it last Friday actually and did a cab and analyzed some Peruvian gemsillica from you.....how can we discuss about gemsillica? I think we need to talk a lot yippie

I'll send you some IGS soon.....
Report Spam   Logged

Daniel
NuevoMundo

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2013, 10:44:52 am »

Glad to hear you got the box! I sent the PM before I even saw your reply!  dancer5
Report Spam   Logged

RobertM

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2013, 12:22:01 pm »

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for sharing!

Great setup

Regards

RobertM
Report Spam   Logged
lonelygems

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2013, 12:33:57 pm »

Thanks Robert... yes
Report Spam   Logged

Daniel
mirkaba

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2013, 12:42:40 pm »

What a nice layout!!!! I envy your spaciousness......Great job on the cabbing/carving tools.
Report Spam   Logged

Bob

Gathering dust in Montana.
Bentiron

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2013, 04:26:39 pm »

Thanks for the tour of your shop and so good to put a face to a name. What a cute little girl you have.
Report Spam   Logged

lonelygems

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2013, 08:34:55 pm »

Thanks Bob and Ben for a nice comments..... yippie
Report Spam   Logged

Daniel
3rdRockFromTheFun

Arfzzz...

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2013, 10:10:37 pm »

Wow Daniel, thank you for taking us on a tour of Heaven! I am so in love with everything I saw I want to live in your shop and learn all of your secrets! (If I ever get enough money maybe I will drop in for a lesson from Master Daniel!) You have a BEAUTIFUL daughter and such a wonderful shop and so much rock I think I maybe passed out a little looking at those pictures! I am sure I see a woman on a rock in one of those crates (really - go look too and see!) -- SO NICE!!
 yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes
Report Spam   Logged

-frank-

Shop The Eager Beader

lonelygems

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2013, 10:25:27 pm »

saved4 still far away from master level........thanks for compliments Frank, i'm sure she (the women pict) is somewhere on those slabs, they all have a huge possibility for figure or scenic cabs ura
Report Spam   Logged

Daniel
itsandbits1

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2013, 10:42:22 pm »

you're right Frank
It looks like Anne of Green Gables or that actress from The Pelican Breif; Julia Roberts
Report Spam   Logged

The wheels of life go round and round, round and round, round and round, and then they hit a rock

Rockaholic
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2013, 12:08:53 am »

Thanks for the pictures! Looks like a nice setup! I must have missed it (I'm new), but what region/country are you in? It looks very beautiful. Thailand, perhaps?
Report Spam   Logged
lonelygems

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2013, 04:22:16 am »

Hi Jon.....I'm in Indonesia, i loved can be here around with all good friends talking, sharing, learning, and trading. This is the best place in world for rock people yippie
Report Spam   Logged

Daniel
3rdRockFromTheFun

Arfzzz...

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2013, 08:30:20 am »

I just noticed some of your coral in that very last rock picture - one looks like it may be a honeycomb shape, I have one like that but when I cut it the inside was not stable (bad luck - that happens sometimes) - so nice! ura
Report Spam   Logged

-frank-

Shop The Eager Beader

roy
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2013, 09:44:29 am »

wish i had shop space like you ! and dang i thought my rock pile was getting big yours is over the top hugh lol!
Report Spam   Logged
lonelygems

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2013, 09:59:23 am »

I just noticed some of your coral in that very last rock picture - one looks like it may be a honeycomb shape, I have one like that but when I cut it the inside was not stable (bad luck - that happens sometimes) - so nice! ura
You're right Frank.....i have some, and also others type. I just don't have enough time to slab them all, looks like i have enough rocks for my doughter if she want to cut some in future saved4

Thanks Roy..... yes
Report Spam   Logged

Daniel
Bentiron

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2013, 04:28:04 pm »

I saw that picture too, 3rd Rock, and thought that someone had either painted it on or stuck a photo on a rock, strange what one notices isn't it?
Report Spam   Logged

southerly

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2013, 05:07:55 pm »

Great to see your set up Daniel. That is a heap of rocks you have there. Good to see you championing quality lapidary arts in Indonesia.

David
Report Spam   Logged
lonelygems

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2013, 09:50:29 pm »

Great to see your set up Daniel. That is a heap of rocks you have there. Good to see you championing quality lapidary arts in Indonesia.

David
Thanks David.....not for bragging my self that i was a first awarded as a traditional contemporary jewelry and stone designer  in 2009 Indonesian nasional jewelry contest as a newcomers...that was the first time and ever i put my jewelry with carved rocks in competition. There is a picture of that piece on one of my earlier posting in the forum yes.
Report Spam   Logged

Daniel
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: