Helios Red Helios Green Helios Blue Helios Purple

Lapidary / Gemstone Community Forum
November 24, 2017, 10:35:42 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This Forum has moved to a new host.  Please go to http://lapidaryforum.net/group/index.php and sign up so you can participate.  You will no longer be able to post here.  It is now a read-only archive.

Home Help Search Classifieds Gallery Links Classified / Auctions Staff List Login Register  

My humble shop/home or home/shop either way welcome!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My humble shop/home or home/shop either way welcome!  (Read 642 times)
spiffman
« on: March 20, 2013, 11:17:16 am »

I live, by myself thank you very much, in this little 2 bedroom 900 sq ft shop or is it a home?

One room is my main room where I put things together or a part. Drilling things would be one of the messiest things done in this room,  ..hugs32....: ) .

The green room is where I take my pictures and my Diamond Pacific  MT-4 vibe sits in a corner.  My A-R2 sits under the kitchen sink.  The sawing I do with my MK-145 making slabbets, I do outside where I have room for one thing, but water is near by so is electricity making clean up easy. I'll be so glad when it gets warm.

I plan to order "The Universal" 6" next week if any one has any input on that.

Enjoy my home, thanks for coming by.

Tim

* Shop shot 2.jpg (261.93 KB, 2592x1456 - viewed 33 times.)

* Shop shot1.jpg (308.46 KB, 1456x2592 - viewed 27 times.)

* green room 1.jpg (220.91 KB, 2592x1456 - viewed 22 times.)

* green room 2.jpg (196.33 KB, 2592x1456 - viewed 22 times.)
Report Spam   Logged

Social Buttons

bigdogpc
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2013, 11:32:25 am »

Sounds good to me!
Report Spam   Logged
mirkaba

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2013, 01:04:15 pm »

Looks good !!! Thanks for having us............but it sure seems awfully neat around there and I wonder if there is a story behind the skull? I would like to hear about the "Universal" 6" also........Bob
Report Spam   Logged

Bob

Gathering dust in Montana.
lithicbeads
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2013, 01:27:18 pm »

Welcome , looks great .
Report Spam   Logged

lonelygems

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2013, 04:24:03 am »

Nice place Tim! Thanks for share your working room pictures to us... yes
Report Spam   Logged

Daniel
asianfire

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2013, 05:07:11 am »

Nice setup you have got there. But I do agree; its wayyyyyyy too clean. lol
Report Spam   Logged

I shut my eyes in order to see ~ Gauguin

When you realize there is nothing lacking - the whole world belongs to you ~ Lao Tzu
--------------------------------------------------
Personal website introduction.      brilliantchallenge.webs.com/
Fullerton

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2013, 05:47:10 am »

Great set-up, thanks for sharing.

By the way, what do you photograph in the picture room. That chair gives the impression you have really, really big gems dunno or do you take images of other things?
Report Spam   Logged

spiffman
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2013, 11:35:29 am »

I was wondering if any one would notice the skull.  First its not real :)  I got it about a year ago and depending what color paint i have in my hand i may spray is some.  One day It'll be finished, I'm not in a hurry with it.  Give me some time Bob, it'll look better over time...

I am some what of a neat freak, but keep in mind I'm just starting up and like I was saying most of my cutting i do out in the yard. Drilling small holes in stones doesn't make much of a mess. The pan of water helps me keep things local, around the bench anyway.

As a hobby I like taking pictures outside mostly, when its not freezing, spring is near Yeah!  I had the lights and all for years, family pics and have done a few weddings. Shooting close-up pictures is going to be a challenge I think.  The chair? are you talking about the one sitting on the table in the green room?

Thanks for having me here all.
Tim
Report Spam   Logged
mirkaba

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2013, 11:54:20 am »

I was wondering if any one would notice the skull.  First its not real :)  I got it about a year ago and depending what color paint i have in my hand i may spray is some.  One day It'll be finished, I'm not in a hurry with it.  Give me some time Bob, it'll look better over time...
I was wondering.........My Great Uncle plowed up a skull in the alfalfa field when I was a kid. It sat on the back bar at the local pub for years. Someone finally thought to send it down to the university. It turned out to be that of a 300 year gone 'Native American' Lady. I dug up a femur once while gold mining. That went back in the ground with a small ceremony.
Report Spam   Logged

Bob

Gathering dust in Montana.
3rdRockFromTheFun

Arfzzz...

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2013, 02:21:30 pm »

Welcome!

Love that smoky looking background screen you've got there - you'll have to share some photos with us (hint hint)  saved1 acamerashot crackthewhip
Report Spam   Logged

-frank-

Shop The Eager Beader

spiffman
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2013, 03:27:47 pm »

LOL, thanks Mirkaba,

And as a matter of fact I was just in there taking some looks/shots at some "gaspeite Opal" quartz I just got out of the vibe. looks like ice cubes.  Now if I can snap a nice pic of them I'll post them for sure

Tim
Report Spam   Logged
hulagrub

When you cultivate man, you turn up all the clods

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2013, 03:48:49 pm »

Nice working areas!
When we finished out our shop area, boy did we ever fill it up fast! Too fast and it's now overflowing.
Report Spam   Logged

Dave, a certified Rockaholic

spiffman
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2013, 07:35:47 am »

lol, I know what you mean. I HAVE to put up more shelf's problem is where?
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: