google reader yahoo reader newsgater feed aol reader Subscribe in a Reader

Be Sure To Get To Know This Member And Visit Their Site !!

Photobucket

General information about the Site

A community forum for lapidaries of every imaginable gemstone related niche to gather. Sharing a great many topics. Generally beginning with discoveries of various minerals, cutting, shaping and finishing cabochons right on up to and including the designing of jewelry and other gemstone related artwork.

Photobucket

Donations keep the forum free from advertisements and purchases photo hosting MB space.

Greg Hiller is the winner for our September cab contest with this beautiful agate cab

Helios Red Helios Green Helios Blue Helios Purple
Lapidary / Gemstone Community Forum
October 22, 2014, 05:54:17 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome ! Be sure to register, say hello, participate regularly, and spread the word !

Home Help Search Classifieds Gallery Links Classified / Auctions Staff List Login Register  

My NEW Pink Plume Agate Discovery! (Feather Ridge)

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My NEW Pink Plume Agate Discovery! (Feather Ridge)  (Read 1202 times)
RareRocksAndGems.com

View Profile WWW
« on: September 05, 2012, 12:41:36 pm »

Hi Everyone,
     I'm excited to announce that I've made a claim on a new pink plume agate and will be excavating for two weeks, starting 9/10, with Jake Jacobitz. I've keep this under my hat since March while waiting for the BLM to approve my mining plan. Now that I have all my ducks in a row, I'm set to start digging.

These past months have been hell. I've been wanting to tell everyone, but I just needed to keep it quiet until the actual digging day was closer. As most of you my know, once you staked an official claim with the BLM, it's public record. Then, everyone and their brother will know where it is. I didn't want some "boneheads" in there digging up the place with picks and shovels.

My new pink plume is called Feather Ridge. All that I have found so far has been float (surface rock), but there are very large veins peeking out of the ground and the only way to get it out is by heavy equipment.

Here are some photo's of some of the float I have polished up. It very closely resembles Nyedigger Ranch Plume in many ways. Even the white plumes I found on the surface are exceptional with feathery plumes in very clear agate. I also found pockets of delicate angel wing. The agate plumes are white, pink, yellow and orange. Sometimes they are mixed with yellow and orange opal.

Here are some sample photos of the float below. Imagine what's down in the ground waiting for me ;)

I'll be writing an article about the mining, along with pictures and videos in the October time frame, so keep your eye out for that.

Also, I have another beautiful plume I'm claiming, but more about that later...

Cheers!
Philip-

Report Spam   Logged

Social Buttons

christopherl1234

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2012, 01:38:58 pm »

That is such a KILLER find!!!!! yes!!!!! I wish  dunno I could dig with you! ura
Report Spam   Logged

DonniesTreasures

I just love the surprises!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2012, 01:54:50 pm »

Congratulation, Phillip that is some really gorgeous material!
Report Spam   Logged

ScarlettoSara

Somewhere over the rainbow... way up high

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2012, 01:58:02 pm »

Some of the most beautiful rock I have ever seen, more vibrant than most pinks:) Wait till Charlotte (Hula's lovely wife) see this:)
thank you Philip and best of luck:)
Report Spam   Logged

"I tramp a perpetual journey.
― Walt Whitman, Song of Myself
39don

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2012, 02:40:53 pm »

Hi Phil,

I'm glad to hear you have finally getting the go ahead on your new mining adventure. Looks like you have the best mining partner one could hope for.

I made a purchase of one small slab in your cigar box awhile back. When it arrive you sent as an extra a small slab of your Feather Ridge material. I have cabbed and mounted it.

Feather Ridge..........

It does cab up nice, I need somemore. saved4 saved4

Don
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 02:41:56 pm by 39don » Report Spam   Logged

Rockrangers

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2012, 02:58:28 pm »

My oh my oh my, what a lovely seam I can see there!
Report Spam   Logged

'Harmony is the flow of life. Everything strives for harmony, for balance. The stronger determines the weaker and makes it equal to itself.'
ScarlettoSara

Somewhere over the rainbow... way up high

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2012, 03:12:31 pm »

Truly lovely Don:)
Report Spam   Logged

"I tramp a perpetual journey.
― Walt Whitman, Song of Myself
rocknroll

Jon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2012, 03:44:14 pm »

heck yeah Philip.....congrats!  has a bit of a regency rose look to it huh?
Report Spam   Logged

wyrock

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2012, 03:53:26 pm »

Holly Molly what a find. I am going to have to take credit for it though. It seems like ever since I found Jim' pink agate everyone is finding pink rock of some kind or another. That saying "comes in threes" must apply here and I got it started. Or not.  thinking13 Ok, Maybe it is coincidence. The bad part is yours is better than mine.  headbang118

I guess I will just have to try harder. I am sure that there was some luck involved but I will bet you busted your ass to find that vein. WAY TO GO.
jIM
Report Spam   Logged

Making rocks immortal one stone at a time.
Buck75

Donnie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2012, 04:30:00 pm »

Crazy pretty stuff!!!  I'm looking forward to seeing what you're able to find, and will probably be interested in a little when you do get up and going.
Report Spam   Logged

Alvin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2012, 04:43:10 pm »

the rock is exciting but the idea of mining photos is got me on the edge of my seat. I love watching pros at work. I hope the vien goes all the way to China. dig man dig.
Report Spam   Logged

Enchantra
Administrator

Insane Bead Woman

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2012, 04:56:49 pm »

Sweet Criminy!   ura
Now that I would love to have.
I could see some rather luminous cabs of that.  Set them in silver, accent with beads of pink opal, carnelian, topaz and white quartz or Swarovskis of those colors.  Mmmm yummy.   dancer5
Report Spam   Logged

-Amanda
http://www.artfire.com/ext/shop/studio/EnchantedRegalia
http://www.pinterest.com/amandabielski/

Coincidence is G-d's way of staying anonymous.  -Rabbi David Abrahams

Sometimes when we are generous in small, barely detectable ways, it can change someone else's life forever. - Comedian Margaret Cho.

The Federal Government has sponsored research that has produced a tomato that is perfect in every respect, except that you can't eat it.  We should make every effort to make sure this disease, often referred to as "progress," doesn't spread.  -Andy Rooney

We've got a world in which physical miracles are commonplace - and nobody's happy.  We've got what it takes to feed all the billions of us - and half of us are starving.  You can show a dozen guys murdering each other on TV, but you can't ever show two people making love.  A naked blade is rendered less obscene than a naked woman.  Isn't it about time we started trying to get a handle on love, from any and all directions? -Jake (From "Off the Wall at Callahan's" by Spider Robinson.)

A man wearing a helmet defending his country should make more money than a man with a helmet defending a football!!!  (From an email message I received - so true!)

deedolce
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2012, 05:23:54 pm »

Absolutely stunning and dramatic plumes!! Top notch find.
Report Spam   Logged
slabbercabber

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2012, 05:32:52 pm »

Wow, what a find.  Congratulations on what looks like some of the best I've seen in a long time.  I know how much searching it takes to find a new dig.  I hope your time investment pays off big.  I know I'll be a buyer.
Report Spam   Logged
RareRocksAndGems.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2012, 05:49:15 pm »

Hi Phil,

I'm glad to hear you have finally getting the go ahead on your new mining adventure. Looks like you have the best mining partner one could hope for.

I made a purchase of one small slab in your cigar box awhile back. When it arrive you sent as an extra a small slab of your Feather Ridge material. I have cabbed and mounted it.

Feather Ridge..........

It does cab up nice, I need somemore. saved4 saved4

Don
Hey Don, that came out pretty nice!
I'll let everyone know about the rough status once I find out what's down there.
Philip-
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: