Helios Red Helios Green Helios Blue Helios Purple

Lapidary / Gemstone Community Forum
August 19, 2017, 01:30:39 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This Forum has moved to a new host.  Please go to http://lapidaryforum.net/group/index.php and sign up so you can participate.  You will no longer be able to post here.  It is now a read-only archive.

Home Help Search Classifieds Gallery Links Classified / Auctions Staff List Login Register  

Disdero Cab Off.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 19   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Disdero Cab Off.  (Read 3756 times)
Rockrangers
« on: September 04, 2012, 08:48:46 pm »

First of all, Thanks for all the extra ideas on how to host an event fair for all.
We decide to limit it to 5 cabbers. "Sorry Carvers." The time allocated would have to be much longer to hold the two events. Still a possibility, more to figure out.
Two stones are going to be sent to each cutter at random. I think we have 4? allready. I have to go back to look. Postage paid to you from me, Postage paid back from you.
The one cabbed must be returned after its completed you choose out of the two you would like to cab. The second stone is yours to keep for your hard work and time. The time frame can be up to 2 weeks to complete no longer "please"! DELIVERY IS SLOW CROSSING BORDERS. After you receive your stones you must notify me in a PM they both arrived.
A picture of the rough should be posted by us after they are all sent to the cutters participating, and we'll keep it a "secret" who got what. "sneaky"
As soon as we get all the finished entries back, we'll take pics so no modifications can be done and all the participants cabbed stones are taken from the same camera in the same lighting condition and posted at the same time.
Next they are all posted, voted on from this sites forum members, in a one week time period. "figure out how to do that one later"
Then the winning artists name is annouced for a prize of 1 mixed pound of disdero rough.
Sound fair? Pretty sure its all laid out on here. I'll give you a day or two 2 read this and the 4 who stepped up allready can decide if they still want in or not. There names are on the disdero thread i posted earlier just re-enter it on this thread please.
Thanks and good luck to all that partake.
Todd and Warren.

Report Spam   Logged

Social Buttons

tntmom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2012, 09:15:27 pm »

I think you guys are doing a very cool thing!  I'm very super excited to see and vote on the wonderful creations the artists here will work up  ura ura ura

The material is AWESOME!  Wait..... did I say that big enough?  AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME!!!  Thank you Warren for giving me the privilege of cabbing some in the past!  There are people here that will literally BLOW me out of the ball park  yippie yippie yippie  Just can't wait to see the super cool results!!!
Report Spam   Logged

~Krystee

Self Employed at Kristinegniotdesigns on Etsy https://www.etsy.com/shop/KristineGniotDesigns?ref=hdr_shop_menu
Facebook business page:  https://www.facebook.com/kristinegniotdesigns?ref=bookmarks
Proud member of East Kingco Rock Club:  http://www.eastkingco.org/index.php

Yesterday is history.  Tomorrow is a mystery.  Today is a gift, that's why it's called The Present.

3rdRockFromTheFun

Arfzzz...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2012, 09:36:51 pm »

Sounds awesome  yes count me in! yippie
Report Spam   Logged

-frank-

Shop The Eager Beader

Hummingbirdstones
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2012, 09:39:13 pm »

Count me in!  This is gonna be a whole lotta fun working with awesome material.  Thanks for this opportunity!   dancer5
Report Spam   Logged

Robin

" border="0
Rockrangers
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2012, 09:45:25 pm »

I apoligize.   headbang118  Should we except all the would like to enter first post here. Then if we have more then we can provide, maybe draw numbers and the closest 5 to 100 would be entered? Thought I should ask? Y or N?
Report Spam   Logged
disderodude
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2012, 09:49:14 pm »

Awwe, Hey Krystee, it was MY privilege to have you work the Disdero, and work you did! Awesome job my friend and thanks for voicing your positive opinion on the material! Thank-you to the other members from RTH for the attention (although scandalous at times as Chad put it) and input. A special thanks to Krystee, Helen, Donnie (Donnie's Treasures) and Uncle Stu for participating and your special and extraordinary work on the Disderos!!:)  I'm anticipating atleast the same passion and excitement will be generated on this forum! I would like every member here to share in the Disdero dream.... If you can't dig it... Cut it!
Report Spam   Logged
disderodude
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2012, 10:38:46 pm »

So the guidelines have been set, the 4 cabbers who expressed interest on the original thread will be contestants if they still choose to be. The fifth cabber will be the next to reply to this thread! Not everybody has seen this and if this sparks interest we will do more! For this first contest we are going to mail the 5 contestants a random stone so they won't know what they're getting till they open the package! Refer to Todd's post if you're unsure of the guidelines.
Report Spam   Logged
disderodude
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2012, 10:44:08 pm »

Contestants will be mailed 2 stones each.
Report Spam   Logged
Rockrangers
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2012, 10:55:16 pm »

So the guidelines have been set, the 4 cabbers who expressed interest on the original thread will be contestants if they still choose to be. The fifth cabber will be the next to reply to this thread! Not everybody has seen this and if this sparks interest we will do more! For this first contest we are going to mail the 5 contestants a random stone so they won't know what they're getting till they open the package! Refer to Todd's post if you're unsure of the guidelines.
Perfect, thank you. I was and am tired when i wrote that last part. lol.
Report Spam   Logged
3rdRockFromTheFun

Arfzzz...

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2012, 10:59:53 pm »

Here's a link to the thread being referred to:

http://gemstone.smfforfree4.com/index.php/topic,10870.0.html

and in reading it I'm pretty sure I'm one of the four but honestly not certain. I don't think anyone would mind if you listed us by forum name - would sure be easier for me ('cause I'm a hell bat high on natural cave gas chasing the name dizzy with every whack of a wall I hit chuckle )

Report Spam   Logged

-frank-

Shop The Eager Beader

Helene

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2012, 11:04:01 pm »

If it is not to late I would love to be a participant.
Report Spam   Logged

mehoose
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2012, 11:06:59 pm »

Sara hun he's baaaack!
Report Spam   Logged
helens
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2012, 11:51:34 pm »

Kewl Kewl! Am really excited to see the amazing cabs!!!  ura ura ura
Report Spam   Logged
Redwilder

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2012, 04:58:20 am »

Wow! Now this is a great idea! I would love to have a chance to participate myself!!!
Report Spam   Logged

Just because one wanders does not mean that one is lost....Some bumper sticker I saw in Moab, Utah
                          Ben Odum
             (Add to facebook if ya want)
deedolce
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2012, 08:36:36 am »

Late to the party again! Put me on the waiting list! I'd love a chance .... if you decide to do it again, and go from rough to finished jewelry, I'd love to do that even more~~ hint, hint.  yippie
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 19   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: